PdF:NJ020 German Phonetics 2 - Course Information
NJ020 German Phonetics 2Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Alena Kovářová (lecturer)
Mgr. Bc. Adéla Straková (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Hana Peloušková, Ph.D.
Department of German Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Helena Rytířová
Supplier department: Department of German Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- NJ020/Kombi01: Fri 14. 2. 10:00–11:50 učebna 63, Fri 21. 2. 10:00–11:50 učebna 63, Fri 28. 2. 10:00–11:50 učebna 63, Fri 6. 3. 10:00–11:50 učebna 63, Fri 13. 3. 10:00–11:50 učebna 63, Fri 20. 3. 10:00–11:50 učebna 63, Fri 27. 3. 10:00–11:50 učebna 63, Fri 3. 4. 10:00–11:50 učebna 63, Fri 17. 4. 10:00–11:50 učebna 63, Fri 24. 4. 10:00–11:50 učebna 63, A. Straková
NJ020/Prez01: Mon 10:00–11:50 učebna 64, A. Kovářová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- After completing this seminar the students will be able to interpret differences in pronunciation between German and Czech consonants and assimilation and characterize typical pronunciation mistakes made by Czech native speakers. The emphasis is on the correct pronunciation of German and on mastering the methodology how to teach and correct pronunciation mistakes typical for Czech native speakers with respect to pre-primary schools students.
- Learning outcomes
- The student can speak and read German with proper pronunciation. He knows how to express the difference in Czech and German pronunciation. He is able to analyze German text from phonetical point of view. He knows how to set up or chose suitable texts for practicing proper German pronunciation.
- 1. Characteristics of German articulation on the suprasegmental level. 2. Methodology how to teach and correct pronunciation mistakes typical for Czech native speakers. 3. Analysis of texts from phonetic point of view. 4. Collecting of materials for the practice of the correct pronunciation with very young children (riddles, poems, pictures etc.)
- required literature
- KOVÁŘOVÁ, Alena. Úvod do fonetiky a fonologie němčiny (Introduction into German Phonetics and Phonology). 1. vyd. Brno: Tisk OL Print Šlapanice, 2003. 60 pp. ISBN 80-210-3263-4. info
- recommended literature
- KOVÁŘOVÁ, Alena. Německá gramatika a základy německé výslovnosti (German grammar and basis of German pronunciation). 1. vyd. Brno: Nová škola, s.r.o., 2013. 64 pp. ISBN 978-80-7289-497-0. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminar; practice of pronunciation of German consonants, assimilation and suprasegmental levels of German pronunciation.
- Assessment methods
- Oral exam; The students are supposed to read a short text and to master German pronunciation.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2020/NJ020