PdF:NJ_G950 German Dialects - Course Information
NJ_G950 German DialectsFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Roland Anton Wagner, M.A., Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Věra Janíková, Ph.D.
Department of German Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Helena Rytířová
Supplier department: Department of German Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- NJ_G950/Kombi01: Fri 14. 2. 16:00–16:50 učebna 54, Fri 28. 2. 16:00–16:50 učebna 54, Fri 13. 3. 16:00–16:50 učebna 54, Fri 27. 3. 16:00–16:50 učebna 54, Fri 17. 4. 16:00–16:50 učebna 54, R. Wagner
NJ_G950/01: Thu 18:00–18:50 učebna 65, R. Wagner
- Sufficient knowledge of German in order to follow class lectures in the foreign language.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 23 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to provide a basic overview over the linguistic divisions inside the German language territory. Students are introduced to the characteristic features of the different dialects and learn to assign certain language forms to the appropriate region. Special attention is paid to the dialects of Bavaria which will be studied from written and oral texts.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, students should be able
- to enumerate the different dialect territories of German
- to identify a dialect group on the basis of the characteristic linguistic features of a text
- to understand a written sample of Bavarian dialect, if aid is provided by the teacher.
- - Introduction of basic concepts (“dialect”, “isoglosses”, “standard speech”, “intercomprehension” etc.),
- - outline of the main dialect areas on the territory of German and characteristic linguistic features,
- - the division between upper and lower German and the second consonant shift,
- - the dialects of Bavaria,
- - features of upper Bavarian dialects,
- - features of Franconian dialects,
- - the grammar of dialects in Bavaria,
- - written and oral samples of Bavarian an Franconian speech.
- recommended literature
- MUZIKANT, Mojmír. Kurze Geschichte der deutschen Sprache für Lehramtsstudenten Deutsch als Fremdsprache. první. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2010. 150 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-5401-1. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Prerequisite for obtaining a credit is identification and analysis of selected sample of German dialect.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 6 hodin v kombinované formě.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2020/NJ_G950