PdF:OVc014 Mass Media and Media Education - Course Information
OVc014 Mass Media and Media EducationFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/1.3. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Barbora Vacková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Barbora Vacková, Ph.D.
Department of Civics - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Civics - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Introduction to Social Sciences for Secondary Schools (programme PdF, C-CV)
- Course objectives
- Thanks to the completion of the course students understand the importance of media education for pupils of primary and secondary schools. The course is focused on the practical application of theoretical knowledge in the field of mass media for teaching media education in primary schools and secondary subject in the context of civic education, basic social sciences and other subjects.
- In the context of the subject is given to issues based on Framework training programs for primary school and secondary-critical perception of media communication, the interpretation of the relationship of media and reality, the construction of media communication, perception of the author of the communication media, the media and influence in society. The central part of the course is practical creation of media communications and their preparation for teaching the Multimedia in education in the context of primary school.
- Hall, Stuart. "Encoding/decoding." Media and cultural studies: Keyworks 2 (2001).
- SPITZER, Manfred. Digitální demence : jak připravujeme sami sebe a naše děti o rozum. Translated by František Ryčl. Vydání první. Brno: Host, 2014. 341 stran. ISBN 9788072948727. info
- POSTMAN, Neil. Ubavit se k smrti : veřejná komunikace ve věku zábavy. Edited by Irena Reifová. 2., opr. vyd. Praha: Mladá fronta, 2010. 204 s. ISBN 9788020422064. info
- MCQUAIL, Denis. Úvod do teorie masové komunikace. Translated by Hana Antonínová. Čtvrté, rozšířené a p. Praha: Portál, 2009. 639 stran. ISBN 9788073675745. info
- Teaching methods
- class discussion, homeworks
- Assessment methods
- Seminar work - Preparation of teaching media education in primary or secondary school (the criteria for recognition of the work will be published in the organizational guidelines in the IS and discussed in the seminar) - An essential part of the debate is over seminar work
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2022/OVc014