PdF:OVp010 Human Ecology - Course Information
OVp010 Human EcologyFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. PhDr. Petr Jemelka, Dr. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Petr Jemelka, Dr.
Department of Civics - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
Supplier department: Department of Civics - Faculty of Education
- Tue 8:00–8:50 učebna 35
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Civics and Social Studies Basic with a view to Education (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Basics of Social Studies for Education (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Course objectives
- The main objective of the course is to understand the basics of ecology as a science. Students will learn the key concepts of general ecology and understand the structure and function of the biosphere and global problems. Students will learn the guidelines for environmentally-focused philosophy and ethics. The information obtained is didactically able to use in-the lessons of civics and social sciences.
- Learning outcomes
- The main objective of the course is to understand the basics of ecology as a science. Students will learn the key concepts of general ecology and understand the structure and function of the biosphere and global problems.
- 1. Scientific status of ecology. 2. Ecology and Nature Protection. Law and environmental issues. 3. Objects of ecological studies. Basic concepts of ecology. 4. Man and the environment. Evolution of anthropogenic impacts on the environment. 5. Human adaptation strategies. 6. Culture and Civilization. 7. Global problems and ecological crisis. 8. The role of science and technology. Technosphere and biosphere. 9. Antropocentrismus and biocentrism. 10. Environmental philosophy and ethics. 11. Main questions of environmental education.
- required literature
- JEMELKA, Petr. Úvod do ekologické problematiky (Introduction to the ecological problems). 2.rozš. Brno: MU Brno, 2003. 72 pp. PdF MU. ISBN 80-210-3103-4. info
- JEMELKA, Petr. Racionalita a ekologická krize. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 1999. 109 s. ISBN 8021020229. info
- recommended literature
- Hana Mullerová, DAvid Černý, Adam Doležal a kol.. Kapitoly o právech zvířat. Praha: Academia, 2016
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.