RJ1067 History of Russia 2Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. et Mgr. Aneta Čermáková (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Mgr. Simona Koryčánková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Anastasija Sokolova, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Mgr. Simona Koryčánková, Ph.D.
Department of Russian Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Helena Rytířová
Supplier department: Department of Russian Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course, which follows the course of Russian history 1, is to acquaint students with the basic facts of Russian history from the first half of the 18th century till the beginning of the 21th century. Emphasis is placed on the understanding of Russian history in the European context. Great weight is given to the introduction of not-yet-familiar knowledge and facts, to the current interpretation of Russian history.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to understand and interpret Russian history in the period of development of Russian history from the time of the first half of the 18th century to the beginning of the 21th century in a European context. He will also be able to include the historical events of the period in the context of Russian literature and explain the influence of some events on the development of Russian language and culture.
- Content of lectures
- 1. Coups and female rulers after the death of Peter the Great; Catherine II. – foreign policy, culture, philosophy, peasant war (Yemelyan Pugacev). 2. Russia in the first half of the 19th century. Alexander I., Patriotic War with the French, Holy Alliance; Revolt rebellion, Nikolai I., culture, science. 3. Russia in the second half of the 19th century. Alexander II, reforms, abolition of serfdom, national movement. Russia in the second half of the 19th century. Alexandr III., Foreign Policy, Science and Culture. 4. Russia in the years 1900-1917. Nikolai II. V. Lenin. The transition to imperialism, the Russo-Japanese War, the Revolution of 1905, Stolypin's reform, Russia in 1. World war, February events, double rule, so-called VŘSR. 5. Russia in the period 1918-1939. V. Lenin, end of the First World War, Brest peace, civil war, intervention, NEP period, GOERLO, the emergence of the USSR. Industrialization and collectivization. Five-Years, Stalin, repression. 6. Russia in World War II. 7. Russia after 1945, period 1945–1953. The period after the end of the war, the establishment of the Eastern Bloc, the Warsaw Treaty, the RVHP, the cult of Stalin's personality. 8. Russia in the years 1953–1964. Nikita Khrushchev. Russia-US relations. 9. Russia in the years 1964–1985. Russia-Czech relations, the occupation of Czechoslovakia. Russia in 1970s, periods of so-called stagnation, Brezhnev, Andropov, Chernenko. 10. Russia in the years 1985–1990. Gorbachev. Period of perestroika and glasnost. 11. Russia in the years 1990–1997. The breakup of the USSR, the CIS, present problems of Russia. Yeltsin, Putin. 12. Russia in the 21th century.
- recommended literature
- PUTNA, Martin C. Obrazy z kulturních dějin ruské religiozity. Vydání první. 335 stran. ISBN 9788074295348. info
- Dějiny Ruska 20. století – díl II. Edited by Andrej Borisovič Zubov. Vydání první. Praha: Argo, 2015. 770 stran. ISBN 9788025709641.
- VYDRA, Zbyněk, Michal ŘOUTIL, Jitka KOMENDOVÁ, Kateřina HLOUŠKOVÁ and Michal TÉRA. Dějiny Ruska. Vydání první. Praha: NLN, Nakladatelství Lidové noviny, 2017. 499 stran. ISBN 9788074223242. info
- Dějiny Ruska 20. století. Edited by Andrej Borisovič Zubov. Vydání první. Praha: Argo, 2014. 949 stran. ISBN 9788025709214. info
- PEČENKA, Marek and Bohuslav LITERA. Dějiny Ruska v datech. 1. vyd. Praha: Dokořán, 2011. 446 s. ISBN 9788086569147. info
- ŠVANKMAJER, Milan. Dějiny Ruska. 6., dopl. vyd. Praha: NLN Nakladatelství lidové noviny, 2010. 601 s. ISBN 9788074220265. info
- Teaching methods
- Self-studying of annotated presentations; reading. Consultation with the teacher.
- Assessment methods
- Written test (open-ended and closed-ended answers); at least 75% of the correct answers.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: v kombinovaném studiu 12 hodin.
- Teacher's information
- The course is taught online.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2021/RJ1067