PdF:RV2MP_4APZ Problems in Health Promotion - Course Information
RV2MP_4APZ Current Problems in Health PromotionFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/1. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PhDr. Mgr. Lenka Adámková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Bc. Zuzana Derflerová Brázdová, DrSc. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Mgr. Leona Mužíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Mgr. Alice Prokopová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Mgr. Jitka Slaná Reissmannová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PaedDr. Vladislav Mužík, CSc.
Department of Physical and Health Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Andrea Špačková
Supplier department: Department of Physical and Health Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- RV2MP_4APZ/01: Wed 14:00–14:50 učebna 27, L. Adámková
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Family Education and Health Education (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Health Education (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- The objective of the course is to present an overview of prevention and epidemiology instruments, the purpose of which is to maintain health and prevent various health risks. The students will understand the basic concepts in the area of prevention and epidemiology with a focus on the current issues as defined by the curriculum. On the basis of the knowledge acquired, the students will be able to interpret epidemiology data concerning communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Learning outcomes
- After this course, student should be able to: - formulate general actual problems in the area of human health (cloning, accessory medicine in groceries, comsmetics, HIV, new pandemies, epidemics, bioterrorism) - understand that lifelong self-improvement is important for teachers career - search for new informations and to evaluate them critically - evaluate hazardous behaviour and to involve in health improvement
- 1. Human ecology. Man as a protector and at the same time the greatest destroyer of environment of which is also a part. 2. Cloning humans – threat or hope? 3. Biorhythms and human health and functioning, biorhythms in medicine and in education. 4. Causes of ageing and causes of death. 5. Medicine is: medicine/poison/mutagene/teratogen/carcinogen!?! Overview of medicines and other preparations (additional substances in foodstuffs, cosmetic industry, etc.) which can cause genetic information changes. 6. Genetic determination of oncogenic transformation of cells, proto-oncogenes/oncogenes/anti-oncogenes. 7. Viruses and carcinomas. 8. New topical information about HIV infection. 9. Overview of the latest epidemics and pandemics of dangerous diseases – causes, course, prevention. 10. Dangerous non-biological pandemics – problems of prions – why they are important for a man and for yeasts. Sources of atypical (pathogenic) prions. Pathogenic prion as a protein with an ability to replicate! 11. Topical issues of bio-terrorism. 12. Topic chosen by students – panel discussion (invited: geneticist, pediatrist, biochemist, a doctor from the field of primary prevention, pedagogue).
- ALBERTS, Bruce. Základy buněčné biologie : úvod do molekulární biologie buňky a : Essential cell biology (Orig.). Ústí nad Labem: Espero Publishing,. xxvi, 630,. info
- Geny a osobnost :biologické základy psychiky člověka. Edited by Dean Hamer - Peter Copeland - Vlastimil Blecha - Ondřej Prcín - Klá. 1. vyd. Praha: Portál, 2003. 250 s. ISBN 80-7178-779-5. info
- NEKOLA, Jaroslav. Doping a sport. Vyd. 1. Praha: Olympia, 2000. 129 s. ISBN 8070331372. info
- HATINA, Jiří and Bryan SYKES. Lékařská genetika: problémy a přístupy. 1. vyd. Praha: Academia, 1999. 296 s. ISBN 80-200-0700-8. info
- Manuál prevence v lékařské praxi. Edited by Kamil Provazník. Vyd. 1. Praha: Státní zdravotní ústav, 1994.  s. ISBN 8071680974. info
- NEČAS, Oldřich. Obecná biologie. 2. přeprac. vyd. Praha: Avicenum, 1972. 580 s. info
- Teaching methods
- Workshop and study hours
- Assessment methods
- Discussion about actual problems and seminary paper (20 themes in database)
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2019/RV2MP_4APZ