PdF:SP2903 Crisis Intervention - Course Information
SP2903 Crisis InterventionFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. et Mgr. et Mgr. Věra Linhartová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. et Mgr. et Mgr. Věra Linhartová, Ph.D.
Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Mgr. et Mgr. et Mgr. Věra Linhartová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- SP2903/Kombi01: Sat 22. 10. 8:00–13:50 učebna 60, Sat 19. 11. 8:00–13:50 učebna 60, Sat 10. 12. 8:00–13:50 učebna 60, V. Linhartová
SP2903/Prez01: Tue 13:00–15:50 učebna 52, except Tue 25. 10., V. Linhartová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to provide the participant with an opportunity to master the basic strategies of crisis interventions, to gain knowledge and help develop practical skills that can be used in direct dealing with clients. He should be able to take a counseling process for working with a person in crisis. The completion of this course is a suitable supplement for preparing students for everyday practice in a wide range of social services.
- Learning outcomes
- The student is able to apply the method of crisis intervention in the basic circle of professional topics and to use the acquired skills in working with the client in telephone crisis intervention (TKI) and face-to-face crisis intervention (KI);
Applying skills for effective communication with clients, their families and a broader network of relationships;
He/she will acquire the basic competencies for guiding a person through his crisis.
- 1.Definition of CI in the Social Services.
- 2. Definition of crisis, the emergence and development of crisis situations, the phase of crisis, the symptoms of the crisis, the estimation of the severity of the crisis, the types of crises.
- 3. Types of assistance in crisis situations, principles and phases of crisis intervention.
- 4.Techniques of conducting an interview, establishing and terminating contact.
- 5. Verbal and non-verbal communication, managing emotions in CI, use of body work in CI.
- 6. Meeting an anxious client, dealing with an aggressive client - self-defense in CI.
- 7. Crisis intervention in children and adolescents.
- 8. Family and generational crises, crisis of partnerships - work with the family, developmental crises.
- 9. Sexual problems, psychopathology, addictions, CI in mentally ill clients.
- 10. Social and legal issues.
- 11. Trauma, victims of crime, domestic violence, persecution, CAN syndrome.
- 12. Ethical and theological issues in KI.
- 13. Burn out prevention,selfcare, supervision, intervention.
- required literature
- VODÁČKOVÁ, Daniela. Krizová intervence. 3. vyd. Praha: Portál, 2012. 543 s. ISBN 9788026202127. info
- recommended literature
- BAŠTECKÁ, Bohumila. Psychosociální krizová spolupráce. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2013. 317 s. ISBN 9788024741956. URL info
- BROŽ, Filip and Daniela VODÁČKOVÁ. Krizová intervence v kazuistikách. Vydání první. Praha: Portál, 2015. 166 stran. ISBN 9788026208112. info
- KOPŘIVA, Karel. Lidský vztah jako součást profese :psychoterapeutické kapitoly pro sociální, pedagogické a zdravotnické profese. 4. vyd. Praha: Portál, 2000. 147 s. ISBN 807178429X. info
- Teaching methods
- The course combines the theoretical and practical blocks. Topics and individual techniques are tailored to current student requirements according to their focus. During the lessons, students' experience and expectations are taken into theirs account.
- Assessment methods
- Reflection of own experience with CI, activities in model situations.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 1 blok pro kombinované studium.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2022/SP2903