PdF:SP4BK_ZSP3 Introduction to Special Ed. 3 - Course Information
SP4BK_ZSP3 Introduction to Special Education 3 - Teaching the Hearing ImpairedFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/8. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Lenka Doležalová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Radka Horáková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Lenka Hricová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Marie Vítková, CSc.
Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Mgr. Ilona Fialová, Ph.D.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Special Education (programme PdF, B-SPD)
- Course objectives
- Terminology, history of the scientific category, assessment and classification of hearing impairments, communication of persons with hearing impairment, education of pupils with hearing impairment, counselling, the Deaf community, multiple disabilities with hearing impairment, deaf blindness
- Hearing impairment, hearing disorders, classification, prevention, individual speciality, history of care of people with hearing impairment, psychological peculiarities of people with hearing disabilities, principles and work methods, technical aids, development of vocabulary, development of reading skills, lipreading, finger spelling, conditions and acoustic aspects of speech, modulation factors, reeducation of hearing and speech of children and adults with hearing disorders, instruments and aid, various ways of commmunication, sign language, interpreting, total communication, bilingual methods, specifics of work with people with hearing impairment and deaf people, early intervention, educational proces of hearing impaired children, condition of integration, employ of hearing impaired, special care of deafblind people.
- Assessment methods
- Written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 8 hodin.