PdF:SPDC015 Mental Handicaps - Course Information
SPDC015 Speciality - wider scientific basis - Mental HandicapsFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Mgr. Barbora Bazalová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Mgr. Jarmila Pipeková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Marie Vítková, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Mgr. Jarmila Pipeková, Ph.D.
Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Mgr. Ilona Fialová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- To deepen the knowledge from psychopaedia and link them with the knowledge of other disciplines - psychology, sociology, medicine disciplines (psychiatry, neurology).
- Learning outcomes
- A successful graduate is able to:
• Adapt deep knowledge of the specialization – Education of individuals with mental impairment
• Adapt deep knowledge of the specialization – Autistic Spectrum Disorders
• Combine gained information with other disciplines – psychology, sociology, medical fields (psychiatry, neurology)
• Demonstrate the ability of working with academic and expert literature concerning the specialization domain (including Czech and foreign literature, as well as electronic forms)
• Write and form a case study according to the specialization domain; and be able to make a full use of knowledge from the specialization and pathopsychology
- GENERAL QUESTIONS:
• The development of the attitude of society towards persons with intellectual disabilities.
• Definition of categories of persons with intellectual disabilities, degree of disability.
• The social dimension of intellectual disability.
• The system of education of children, pupils and student with intellectual disabilities.
• Special educational diagnosis in individuals with intellectual disabilities.
• Therapy in special edcation care (hippotherapy, occupational therapy, animal assisted therapy, art therapy, drama therapy, method of basal stimulation etc.).
• Current international trends in the field of supporting people with intellectual disabilities.
• The issue of lifelong education of individuals with intellectual disabilities.
• Characteristics of persons with intellectual disabilities, the impact of upbringing and education on the development of individuals with intellectual disabilities, their possibilites in the field of employability according to various degrees of disability, issues of adulthood.
• Down syndrome, etiology, characteristics, possibilites of education and extracurricular activities, period of adulthood.
• Autism, etiology, characteristics, educational opportunities according to individual forms.
• Autism spectrum disorders, etiology, characteristics, possibilites of education, employment at various autism spectrum disorders.
• Social services provided to persons with intellectual disabilities, development and prognosis of provided services in the social sphere.
• Non-state facilities, possibilites of alternative care of people with intellectual disabilities throughout all life.
- GENERAL QUESTIONS:
- PIPEKOVÁ, J., VÍTKOVÁ, M. et al. (2014) Od edukace k sociální inkluzi osob se zdravotním postižením se zaměřením na mentální postižení. Brno: MU.
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparation, self-study.
- Assessment methods
- Process of seminar work in the range of 10 pages of a selected topic from the area of general psychopedic's questions and one topic of specialisation areas.
Process of individual educational plan of student with in inclusive settings in kindergarten, elementary school.
Teaching in the subject psychopaedia in 2 semesters.
Project (range - 30 pages).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2020/SPDC015