PdF:SPLBK_ZSS1 Introduction to Special Ed. 1 - Course Information
SPLBK_ZSS1 Introduction to Special Education 1- Teaching Individuals with Hearing Impairment 2Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/8. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Lenka Doležalová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Radka Horáková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Lenka Hricová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Pavla Pitnerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Marie Vítková, CSc.
Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Mgr. Ilona Fialová, Ph.D.
- This course is taught in the bachelor degree program - special education - communication techniques.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Special Education (programme PdF, B-SPD)
- Course objectives
- The student will be oriented in the field of hearing impairment; will be able to define a person with hearing disability; will acquire basic knowledge in the field of communication options for hearing impaired; will be able to give examples of basic aids for hearing impaired and will be familiar with the system of care for hearing impaired in the Czech Republic, including education of hearing impaired.
- Hearing disorders, classification, prevention, individual speciality, history of care of people with hearing impairment, psychological peculiarities of people with hearing disorders, principles and working methods, technical aids, development of vocabulary, development of reading skills, lip reading, fingerspelling, conditions and acoustic aspects of speech, modulation factors, reeducation of hearing and speech of children and adults with hearing disorders, instruments and aids, various ways of communication, sign language, interpreting, total communication, bilingual methods, specifics of work with people with hearing impairment and deaf people, early intervention, educational proces of hearing impaired children, condition of integration, employment of hearing impaired, special care of deafblind people.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Written test (it is necessary to successfully cope with 75% correct answers).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
General note: Zapisují pouze studenti studijního programu Komunikační techniky.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 8 hodin.