PdF:SZ1050a Basics of social pedagogy and - Course Information
SZ1050a Basics of social pedagogy and multicultural educationFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Lenka Gulová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Němec, Ph.D.
Department of Social Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Bc. Kateřina Štěpařová
Supplier department: Department of Social Education - Faculty of Education
- The basics of social pedagogy and multicultural education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Teacher Training in Foreign Languages - English Language (eng.) (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Course objectives
- The main goal of this subject is to acquaint the incoming teachers with the basic themes of social education and multicultural education in the context of framework education programme (FEP). At the end of this course the students gets the basic knowledge about both subjects and they will know the basic methodical processes how to frame the several multicultural and social educational themes into the education programme.
- Learning outcomes
- The students will understand and they will be able to explain: the goals and projects of social education the possibilities of leisure time education the migration the discrimination of some social groups the religions in the world the positions, prejudice and perspective of common life of assorted groups and nationalities the possibilities of methodical work in the school educational rank
- 1. The mutual context between the social education and multicultural education 2. The possibilities of the pedagogy of experience in the multicultural education field. Games and projects for the extramural education in the context of FEP and production of the school education programme. 3. Human rights - the theme of today. 4. The substitute family care, the abuse and neglect children, the help and methodology of special work with them. 5. The multicultural education of today, the theory and practice. 6. The social disadvantage groups: the Romanies, migratory foreigners. The methodology and specification of work with children from the social disadvantage milieu. 7. The formation of positions, prejudice. How to be preventing of negative prejustice, the possibilities of cooperation in the school class. 8. The discrimination of some social groups. 9. The extremism and its forms, the education vs. extremism. 10. The religions in the world - toleration and conflict. 11. The new religion waves and the society. 12. Antisemitism and its history and today; holocaust and current society. 13. The human being in the multicultural society, the child in the multicultural class. 14. The projects and programmes for the supporting of the interculturality, the research in the multicultural education field and social education field.
- GULOVÁ, Lenka and Ema ŠTĚPAŘOVÁ. Multikulturní výchova v teorii a praxi (Multicultural education in the theory and practise). 1. vyd. Brno: MSD, 2004. 232 pp. MSD. ISBN 80-86633-14-4. info
- JŮVA, Vladimír. A. Hopf. Sociální pedagogika pro učitele (A. Hopf. Social education for teachers). Pedagogika, Praha: UK - PedF, 2002, LII, No 4, p. 470-471. ISSN 3330-3815. info
- Teaching methods
- Teaching methods: lecture.
- Assessment methods
- Type of completion: the examination Requirements for completion: the written test
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2020/SZ1050a