PdF:SZ1061a Special Education 1 - Course Information
SZ1061a Special Education 1Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Karel Pančocha, Ph.D. M.Sc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Victoria Shmidt, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Helena Vaďurová, Ph.D. M.Sc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Marie Vítková, CSc.
Institute for Research in Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Mgr. Ilona Fialová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Institute for Research in Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/15, only registered: 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Teacher Training in Foreign Languages - English Language (eng.) (programme PdF, B-SPE) (2)
- Course objectives
- The goal of this course is to gain basic knowledge about current concepts of special education and its role in the system of other fields, basic terminology, categories, and diagnostical methods in special education, integrative / inclusive education, legislation, RVP for elementary education, classification of impairments, etiology, an overview of special schools and school facilities, educational and psychological counselling services.
After successful completion of this course the student: know what special education is; understands and can explain the basic concepts of special education; recognizes particular disability; is able to identify the main differences between the SPC and the PPP; can explain the education of pupils with special educational needs.
- 1. Special Education - terminology, subject, objectives, classification of the field, interdisciplinary relationships. 2. Integrative and inclusive education of pupils with special educational needs. 3. Legislation, RVP for preschool and elementary education. 4. Family with a child with disabilities. 5. Pedagogical-psychological counselling services - pedagogical and psychological counseling services in schools, school counselling department, pedagogical and psychological counselling. 6. Diagnostics - the concept, object, objectives, methods, terminology. 7. Intellectual disability - characteristics, according to WHO classification, etiology, educational opportunities, dementia, Down syndrome. 8. Autism - characteristics, etiology, educational opportunities. 9. Physical disability - characteristics, classification, etiology, treatment options, educational opportunities. 10. Cerebral palsy. 11. Visual disability - characteristics, classification, etiology, treatment options, educational opportunities. 12. Hearing disability - characteristics, classification, etiology, educational opportunities. 13. Auditory prosthesis, cochlear implant, communication with hearing disabled. 14. Disturbed communication ability - characteristics, classification, etiology, axle, educational opportunities. 15. Alternative and augmentative communication - characteristics of individual systems and their applications. 16. Specific learning difficulties - characteristics, classification, etiology, educational opportunities. 17. Reeducation of specific learning difficulties. 18. Behavioral disorders - characteristics, classification, correcting, devices. 19. Therapies - hippotherapy, canistherapy, music therapy, art therapy, occupational therapy, dramatherapy.
- PIPEKOVÁ, J.; VÍTKOVÁ, M. (ed.)Terapie ve speciálně pedagogické péči. Brno : Paido, 2000. ISBN 80-85931-83-4.
- CHVÁTALOVÁ, I. Jak se žije dětem s postižením. Praha : Portál, 2001. ISBN 80-7178-588-1.
- Kapitoly ze speciální pedagogiky. 2006. vyd. Brno: Paido, 2006. ISBN 80-7315-120-0. info
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparation in education and education of pupils with special educational needs.
- Assessment methods
- Students perform tasks assigned by teachers: process annotation of two professional publications on the issue of special education, or upbringing and education of children and pupils with special educational needs. Annotations will be placed to a specified date to the IS system. Tasks will be specified by teachers. Written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Teacher's information