PdF:SZ6042 School Education - Course Information
SZ6042 School EducationFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Jarmila Bradová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PaedDr. Hana Horká, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Mgr. Tomáš Janík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Petr Knecht, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Jana Kratochvílová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jana Létalová (lecturer)
Mgr. Radek Pospíšil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Dana Veselá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PaedDr. Hana Horká, CSc.
Department of Education - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Education - Faculty of Education
- Mon 16:00–16:50 učebna 50
- ! NOWANY ( SZ6642 School Education )
The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 55 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course elaborates on students' knowledge and experiences gained during teaching practice and field didactics courses. The course aims at incorporating new knowledge from educational, psychological and pedagogical research on school education into teacher education. It aims at developing and supporting future teachers' professional vision, knowledge and acting. The course incorporates three thematic areas: (a) theory and practice of school, (b) theory and practice of curriculum, (c) theory and practice of instruction.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the students should be able to: • understand and use the basic terminology of school pedagogy; • apply the basic terminology of school pedagogy to describe, analyze, interpret and evaluate the school as an institution and organization, the selected curricular documents and learning situations; • characterize the educational environment of the school where they completed the teaching practice; • describe and explain the curricular processes on a specific example; • describe and critically analyze the work of the trainer teacher with curricular documents; • characterize the selected quality criteria of teaching and give reasons for their importance for the teacher´s daily routine on the basis of practical examples; • plan and evaluate the teaching unit on the basis of self-reflection (reasoning, relevance of the subject, objectives, contents, methods, evaluation and alteration); • give examples of correctly and incorrectly formulated learning objectives by using the portfolio; • suggest possible ways how to identify and influence pupils' concepts of learning; • formulate teaching tasks of different cognitive levels; • give reasons for using specific teaching methods during their teaching practice, review those methods critically and suggest other possibile methods which can be used in the same or similar teaching context; • on the examples show the various possibilities of pupils' assessment and assess their advantages and disadvantages.
- 1. Introduction into the study of school pedagogy. 2. Educational and curricular policy, curriculum documents. 3. Teaching methods and forms. 4. Educational and school system, school as institution and organisation: school and its functions, school as a learning environment. 5. Reasons for establishing school, the role of school in society. 6. School and its history. School for future: future for school 7. Pedagogický výzkum jako pomocník učitele. 8. Textbooks and educational media. 9. Instruction: teaching and learning, actors and processes of instruction. 10. Curriculum: aims and contents školního vzdělávání and jejich transformation kurikulární procesy. 11. Evaluation of pupils' education process and results - types and functions of evaluation. 12. Evaluation of pupils' results - forms of evaluation, basic demands on evaluation.
- required literature
- PASCH, Marvin. Od vzdělávacího programu k vyučovací hodině. Vyd. 2. Praha: Portál, 2005. 416 s. ISBN 8073670542. info
- recommended literature
- JANÍKOVÁ, Marcela. Základy školní pedagogiky. 1. vydání. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2009. 119 stran. ISBN 9788021048799. info
- SKALKOVÁ, Jarmila. Obecná didaktika. 2., rozš. a aktualiz. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2007. 322 s. ISBN 9788024718217. info
- SLAVÍK, Jan. Hodnocení v současné škole : východiska a nové metody pro praxi. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 1999. 190 s. ISBN 8071782629. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture and independent studying of compulsory as well as recommended literature.
- Assessment methods
- After receiving and successfully completing the tasks, the student will be awarded a credit. On the day of the exam, the student first takes the written test. Upon passing the test, the student continues with an oral examination on the same day. If the test is graded with an F, the student is required to apply for a resit.If the exam is graded with an F, the student is required to apply for a resit.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Special Pedagogy students do not attend seminars, ie they do not have to pass the exam.