PdF:VZpM13 Personality Development - Course Information
VZpM13 Personality DevelopmentFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Mgr. Alice Prokopová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Mgr. Alice Prokopová, Ph.D.
Department of Physical and Health Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Andrea Špačková
Supplier department: Department of Physical and Health Education - Faculty of Education
- Fri 29. 11. 9:00–15:50 učebna 27
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Family Education and Health Education (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Health Education (programme PdF, N-VZ2) (2)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Health Education (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- The objective of the course is to combine the theoretical knowledge about personality development in various stages of life and the researcher’s own experience, and thus deepen the understanding of various aspects of facilitation of personality and social development.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the students will:
- Be able to explain the life-span concept of the psychology of personality development,
- Be able to describe the protective and risk factors of personality development,
- Be able to illustrate these factors on specific examples,
- Understand the possibilities of facilitating personality and social development.
- 1. Psychology of personality development, life-span approach, basic concepts;
- 2. Factors of mental development I;
- 3. Factors of mental development II;
- 4. Bio-psycho-social determination of mental development;
- 5. Continuous forms of mental development, developmental stages, developmental crises;
- 6. Periodization of mental development, lifelong mental development, main lines of life-span development;
- 7. Description and educational-psychological aspects of individual stages of mental development in the context of developmental-psychological theories;
- 8. Specific problems and pitfalls in various stages of development I;
- 9. Specific problems and pitfalls in various stages of development II;
- 10. Specific problems and pitfalls in various stages of development III;
- 11. Basic dimensions of education and their psychological contexts;
- 12. Personality development and family education.
- Literature in Teacher's Information
- ŘÍČAN, Pavel. Cesta životem. 2., přeprac. vyd., v Portá. Praha: Portál, 2004. 390 s. ISBN 8071788295. info
- Teaching methods
- At the beginning of the term students shall select their preferred way of completing the course; one of them is a continuous seminar paper, the other one is active participation in a group aimed at self-knowledge.
- Assessment methods
- A precondition for successful completion of the course is either submission and presentation of a seminar paper or active participation in a group aimed at self-knowledge.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2019/VZpM13