PdF:VZkM11 Alternative healing methods - Course Information
VZkM11 Alternative healing methodsFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/.3. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PhDr. Mgr. Lenka Adámková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Mgr. Jitka Slaná Reissmannová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Mgr. Jitka Slaná Reissmannová, Ph.D.
Department of Physical Education and Health Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Andrea Špačková
Supplier department: Department of Physical Education and Health Education - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Health Education (programme PdF, N-VZ2) (2)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Health Education (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- The objective of the course is to introduce alternative treatment approaches, their advantages and disadvantages, and their potential applications in teaching health education.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the students will:
Be able to describe the most significant methods of alternative medicine,
Be able to define their advantages and disadvantages,
Be able to apply selected methods in their own lives.
- 1. General overview of the areas and methods of alternative medicine;
- 2. Alternative medicine and disease prevention, maintaining a good physical and mental condition;
- 3. Natural healing (naturopathy, hydrotherapy, macrobiotics, diets);
- 4. Herbal healing (herbalism, aromatherapy);
- 5. Homeopathy;
- 6. Manipulative treatment (reflexology, kinesiology, massage);
- 7. Oriental therapy (acupuncture, acupressure);
- 8. Healing through exercise and physical activity (yoga, tai chi, dance therapy);
- 9. Art therapy;
- 10. Music therapy.
- recommended literature
- HEŘT, Jiří. Alternativní medicína a léčitelství. Vyd. 1. V Praze: Věra Nosková, 2011. 238 s. ISBN 9788087373156. info
- Alternativní medicína :možnosti a rizika. Edited by Jiří Heřt. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 1995. 207 s. ISBN 80-7169-151-8. info
- JANČA, Jiří. Alternativní medicína :komplexní prevence a léčba přírodními prostředky. 1. vyd. Praha: Eminent, 1990. 268 s. ISBN 80-900302-1-1. info
- Teaching methods
- The course is delivered in the form of teaching blocks. Students shall discuss various topics as per the course syllabus.
- Assessment methods
- Students shall present and discuss their seminar papers during the teaching blocks.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 4 hodiny.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2019/VZkM11