PdF:VZkVP3 Health Education for Teacher - Course Information
VZkVP3 Introduction to Health Education for teacherFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/.7. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PhDr. Mgr. Lenka Adámková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PaedDr. Vladislav Mužík, CSc. (lecturer)
PhDr. Mgr. Leona Mužíková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Mgr. Alice Prokopová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Mgr. Jitka Slaná Reissmannová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PaedDr. Vladislav Mužík, CSc.
Department of Physical Education and Health Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Andrea Špačková
Supplier department: Department of Physical Education and Health Education - Faculty of Education
- Fri 3. 4. 15:00–16:50 učebna 41, Fri 17. 4. 12:00–13:50 učebna 41
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Health Education (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- Student in the context of health promotion and disease prevention they will understand the basic concepts, correlations and associations related to school life. They will be able to apply the knowledge in a practical environment.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the students will be knowledgeable about health promotion in the school environment.
- 1. Health and its determinants, health literacy (health and its definition, health determinants and their effects (internal that cannot be influenced, external that can be influenced), lifestyle, aspects of lifestyles, examples of risk and protective lifestyle factors in the context of CHNI, health status of the population of the Czech Republic, life expectancy versus healthy life years, basic lifestyle recommendations in the context of subsequent lectures..., prevention, health promotion, health education) 2. Nutrition and health (correlation between nutrition and health, regularity, variety, using the nutrition pyramid), adequacy, truth versus nutritional myths) 3. Dietary regimen in children (basic dietary guidelines, assessment of nutrition, dietary regimen in school, what teachers should know – allergy, intolerance, nutrition-related diseases, aversion, neophobia) 4. Eating disorders (mental anorexia, mental bulimia, orthorexia, methods of recognition, treatment from the teacher’s perspective) 5. Physical activity as a children’s life necessity, physical activity regimen in school (development of muscles, motor development, shaping of physical capacity, physical activity regimen in school, teachers’ roles) 6. Prevention of lifestyle diseases (prevention of cardiovascular diseases, metabolic syndrome, prevention of cancer – intestine, breast, lung) 7. First aid for teachers 1 (unconsciousness, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, aspiration of a foreign object, internal and external bleeding, injury of the locomotor system) 8. First aid for teachers 2 (non-injury emergencies – heart attack, stroke, diabetes-hypoglycaemia, poisoning, spasms, allergic reactions) 9. Health promotion in the school environment, Health promoting school (current health promotion projects, pillars of the Health promoting school and methods of their development) 10. Smoking (smoking as a disease, nicotine addiction, consequences of smoking, contents and effects of tobacco smoke, numbers of smokers, stages of smoking and factors influencing the beginning of smoking, age of first smokers, cigarette refusal technique – including a video made by students in the second grade of elementary school), motivation of children for non-smoking, water pipe, electronic cigarette, school and smoking (methodological guidelines, educational programmes) 11. Alcohol and other addictions (addiction, consequences, help provided by teachers, methods of recognizing addictions) 12. Mental health promotion (specific mental stress in helping professions, burnout syndrome and its prevention, depression and addiction in the context of specific stress, ‘resilience’ as a psychological construct, strengthening of mental resilience)
- recommended literature
- Pohyb a výživa: šest priorit v pohybovém a výživovém režimu žáků na 1. stupni ZŠ: pokusné ověřování účinnosti programu zaměřeného na změny v pohybovém a výživovém režimu žáků ZŠ. Praha: Národní ústav pro vzdělávání, 2014. ISBN 978-80-7481-069-5.
- KŘIVOHLAVÝ, Jaro. Psychologie zdraví. Vydání třetí. Praha: Portál, 2009. 279 stran. ISBN 9788073675684.
- JANOŠKOVÁ, Hana, Hana ŠERÁKOVÁ and Vladislav MUŽÍK. Zdravotně preventivní pohybové aktivity. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2018. Elportál. ISBN 978-80-210-8891-7. epub url info
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparation; lectures with illustrative photos or video sequences, professional video programmes and study materials; self-study.
- Assessment methods
- Colloquium – debate on the course issues.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2020/VZkVP3