PdF:YTVk01 Nutrition issues of children w - Course Information
YTVk01 Nutrition issues of children with specific needsFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PhDr. Mgr. Leona Mužíková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Mgr. Leona Mužíková, Ph.D.
Department of Physical Education and Health Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Andrea Špačková
Supplier department: Department of Physical Education and Health Education - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Pre-school Pedagogy (programme PdF, N-PP)
- Course objectives
- After completing the course the student understands basic nutritional recommendations derived from the physiological needs of the child's organism; is familiar with the legislative frameworks of school meals and is able to assess whether children 's nutrition and eating model match their specific needs; has an overview of the most common diseases and limitations in relation to dietary measures; assess family nutritional habits and try to set up an optimal diet for the child in collaboration with parents.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course the student: - analyzes school meals in terms of physiological needs of children - propose procedures for feeding the child in kindergarten according to the specific needs of the child - choose appropriate procedures for working with child neophobia and nutritional aversion - assess the nutritional behavior of children - sets the optimal model of school catering according to the specific needs of children
- 1. Nutrition of preschool children - nutritional recommendations I 2. Nutrition of preschool children - nutritional recommendations II 3. Eating in kindergarten environment, food safety 4. Current legislation - Decree on school catering, consumer basket 5. Specifics of nutritional behavior of preschool children 6. Child neophobia and work with it 7. Nutritional aversion and preference in children 8. Food allergies, intolerance, nutritional limitations 9. Metabolic and other diseases, dietary measures 10. Alternative nutrition in childhood 11. Family and nutritional habits of children 12. Evaluation of nutritional behavior of preschool children
- recommended literature
- DAŇKOVÁ, Zdeňka. Zdravá výživa v mateřské škole. Edited by Olga Illková. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 2004. 167 s. ISBN 8071788902. info
- FRAŇKOVÁ, Slávka, Jiří ODEHNAL and Jana PAŘÍZKOVÁ. Výživa a vývoj osobnosti dítěte. Vyd. 1. Praha: HZ Editio, 2000. 198 s. ISBN 8086009327. info
- NEVORAL, Jiří. Výživa v dětském věku. Vydání první. Jinočany: H & H, 2003. 434 stran. ISBN 8086022935. info
- KOŠŤÁLOVÁ, Alexandra, Leona MUŽÍKOVÁ, Anna NIKLOVÁ and Anna PACKOVÁ. Manuál pro školní jídelny. Metodická pomůcka pro realizaci projektu "Zdravá školní jídelna". Praha: SZÚ, 2017. ISBN 978-80-7071-367-9. info
- MUŽÍK, Vladislav, Leona MUŽÍKOVÁ and Hana DVOŘÁKOVÁ. aj. Pohyb a výživa: šest priorit v pohybovém a výživovém režimu žáků na 1. stupni ZŠ [online]. 1st ed. Praha: Národní ústav pro vzdělávání, 2014. ISBN 978-80-7481-070-1. URL info
- www.vyzivaspol.cz; www.zdravaskolnijidelna.cz; www.viscojis.cz; www.szu.cz; http://www.bezpecnostpotravin.cz/; http://www.efsa.europa.eu/
- Teaching methods
- Teaching takes the form of seminars and self-study. The background materials are processed into presentations supplemented by references to recommended study literature and Internet resources. Partial topics are practically presented and discussed within the seminar group. Part of the teaching are examples of kindergarten practice presented in the form of presentation of seminar papers.
- Assessment methods
- - Expert discussion in the seminar group on the discussed topics with emphasis on knowledge of the theoretical and legislative framework. - Reflection and self-reflection seminar work - the student will elaborate a case study of the class. Describes specific nutritional needs of children in a selected class of kindergarten and at the seminar will present the results of the study and the proposal of an optimal model of school meals for a specific kindergarten. - Final colloquium.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 4 hodiny.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2021/YTVk01