PdF:Ze0132 Geography of Population and Se - Course Information
Ze0132 Geography of Population and SettlementsFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Jozef Lopuch (lecturer)
RNDr. Hana Svobodová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Hana Svobodová, Ph.D.
Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Kateřina Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
- Thu 23. 9. to Thu 16. 12. Thu 9:00–9:50 učebna 5
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
Ze0132/02: Thu 23. 9. to Thu 16. 12. Thu 14:00–14:50 učebna 10, J. Lopuch
- - Basic knowledge of the terms of social geography.
- Ability to work with the selected school world atlas and atlas of the Czech Republic.
- Ability to work with ArcGIS, MS Office.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Geography for Education (programme PdF, B-ZE3S) (2)
- Course objectives
- The course consists of two separate disciplines of human geography - population geography and geography of settlements whose aim is to promote knowledge of the distribution of population and settlements in geographical space.
The aim is to gain basic knowledge of spatial distribution of population and settlement on Earth.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to:
- find and use relevant data to analyze the distribution of inhabitants and settlements on Earth,
- explain basic approaches to the structure of the world population,
- use the information obtained in the subjects of regional geography of continents.
- Population Geography
- 1: Population development in history
- 2: Population Structure
- 3: Migration
- 4: Mechanical movement of the population
- 5: Anthropogenesis, demographic revolution
- 6: Population distribution on Earth
- Geography of settlements
- 1: Basic concepts of geography of settlements
- 2: Rural settlement
- 3: Urban settlement
- 4: Urbanization
- 5: Geography of Brno
- required literature
- KUNC, Josef, Václav TOUŠEK, Jiří VYSTOUPIL, Petr DANĚK, Pavel KLAPKA, Ondřej MULÍČEK, Daniel SEIDENGLANZ, Zdeněk SZCZYRBA, Michal VANČURA, Antonín VĚŽNÍK, Milan VITURKA and Petr TONEV. Ekonomická a sociální geografie (Economic and social geography). 1. vydání. Plzeň: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Aleš Čeněk, s.r.o., 2008. 411 pp. učebnice vysokých škol. ISBN 978-80-7380-114-4. info
- not specified
- ŠOTKOVSKÝ, Ivan. Úvod do studia demografie. 1. vyd. Ostrava: Vysoká škola báňská - Technická univerzita Ostrava, 1996. 158 s. ISBN 8070783273. info
- CHALUPA, Petr and Zdeňka TARABOVÁ. Vybrané kapitoly z demografie : (pro semináře a cvičení). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 1991. 61 s. ISBN 802100343X. info
- Teaching methods
- Teaching will take the form of lectures - theoretical preparation of basic demographic and settlement terminology. The course also includes exercises.
- Assessment methods
- Examination - written exam based on literature, lectures and the exercises.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2021/Ze0132