PdF:RV2MP_4APZ Problems in Health Promotion - Course Information
RV2MP_4APZ Current Problems in Health PromotionFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. MUDr. Marie Havelková, CSc. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Mgr. Leona Mužíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Mgr. Alice Prokopová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Mgr. Jitka Slaná Reissmannová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Marie Havelková, CSc.
Department of Health Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Miloslava Marková
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Family Education and Health Education (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Health Education (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- The seminars deals with topical issues of health support. Graduates in that study field should have deeper knowledge from this discipline. Therefore the programmes of the seminars will be – even during the semester - operatively supplemented with the most important new information from the field of human health, its protection and support. Programme goal: To supplement students’ knowledge with new topical information about human health and its protection, especially that essential which – due to their newness – cannot be involved in any textbook yet. To show students facts that for their self-improvement and quality teaching is necessary to continuously monitor and pay attention to new information about human health, deal with it and involve it into lessons in an appropriate form. Last but not least, the subjects shall correct many wrong interpretations of scientific knowledge in media (unprofessional press, radio, internet, etc.).
- 1. Human ecology. Man as a protector and at the same time the greatest destroyer of environment of which is also a part. 2. Cloning humans – threat or hope? 3. Biorhythms and human health and functioning, biorhythms in medicine and in education. 4. Causes of ageing and causes of death. 5. Medicine is: medicine/poison/mutagene/teratogen/carcinogen!?! Overview of medicines and other preparations (additional substances in foodstuffs, cosmetic industry, etc.) which can cause genetic information changes. 6. Genetic determination of oncogenic transformation of cells, proto-oncogenes/oncogenes/anti-oncogenes. 7. Viruses and carcinomas. 8. New topical information about HIV infection. 9. Overview of the latest epidemics and pandemics of dangerous diseases – causes, course, prevention. 10. Dangerous non-biological pandemics – problems of prions – why they are important for a man and for yeasts. Sources of atypical (pathogenic) prions. Pathogenic prion as a protein with an ability to replicate! 11. Topical issues of bio-terrorism. 12. Topic chosen by students – panel discussion (invited: geneticist, pediatrist, biochemist, a doctor from the field of primary prevention, pedagogue).
- ALBERTS, Bruce. Základy buněčné biologie : úvod do molekulární biologie buňky a : Essential cell biology (Orig.). Ústí nad Labem: Espero Publishing,. xxvi, 630,. info
- Geny a osobnost :biologické základy psychiky člověka. Edited by Dean Hamer - Peter Copeland - Vlastimil Blecha - Ondřej Prcín - Klá. 1. vyd. Praha: Portál, 2003. 250 s. ISBN 80-7178-779-5. info
- NEKOLA, Jaroslav. Doping a sport. Vyd. 1. Praha: Olympia, 2000. 129 s. ISBN 8070331372. info
- SRŠEŇ, Štefan and Klára SRŠŇOVÁ. Základy klinickej genetiky a jej molekulárna podstata. Edited by Victor A. McKusick. 3. přeprac. a rozš. vyd. Martin: Osveta, 2000. 409 s. ISBN 8080630216. info
- HATINA, Jiří and Bryan SYKES. Lékařská genetika: problémy a přístupy. 1. vyd. Praha: Academia, 1999. 296 s. ISBN 80-200-0700-8. info
- MASOPUST, Jaroslav. Vybrané kapitoly z patobiochemie orgánů. Vyd. 1. Praha: Karolinum, 1997. 175 s. ISBN 8071844152. info
- NEČAS, Oldřich. Obecná biologie. 2. přeprac. vyd. Praha: Avicenum, 1972. 580 s. info
- Assessment methods
- class discussion, group projects
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.