PdF:DEkPVH Auxiliary Historical Sciences - Course Information
DEkPVH Auxiliary Historical SciencesFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/1.7. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. PhDr. Pavel Otmar Krafl, Dr. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Jaroslav Vaculík, CSc.
Department of History - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Kamil Štěpánek, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of History - Faculty of Education
- Fri 13. 4. 7:30–16:30 učebna 4, Fri 27. 4. 9:20–18:20 učebna 4
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in History (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Course objectives
- To provide to student basic knowledges of auxiliary historical sciences: palaeography, diplomatics, sigillography, codicology, genealogy, numismatics and chronology.
- Learning outcomes
- Student obtains basic knowledges about the auxiliary sciences of history. Student can read an old text, identify type of writing and document, describe a cout of arms and indentify a coin. Student is well versed in basic literature on the auxiliary sciences of history.
- Introduction to auxiliary sciences of history. Heraldics. Czech state heraldics. Palaeography. Diplomatics. Sigillography. Codicology, iluminated manuscripts of Czech provenance. Chronology. Numismatics.
- required literature
- HLAVÁČEK, Ivan, Rostislav NOVÝ and Jaroslav KAŠPAR. Vademecum pomocných věd historických. Vyd. 2. dopl. a rozš., v H. Jinočany: H & H, 1994. 448 s. ISBN 808546747X. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture. Reading of medieval and early modern texts. Conversions of dates. Blasons of coat of arms.
- Assessment methods
- Written test. Blason of coat of arms. Identification of a coin. Transcription of text.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 20k.