PdF:IVp128 Professional Practice 3 - SA - Course Information
IVp128 Professional Practice 3 - SAFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Lucie Procházková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Lucie Procházková, Ph.D.
Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Lenka Gajzlerová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Institute for Research in Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- IVp127 Block Practice 2 - SA && NOW ( IVp131 Reflective Seminar on Practice 3 - SA )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Special Education (Specialization 6 - Special Education in Adulthood) (programme PdF, N-SPZP)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course (practice) is getting to know an institution, organization and services for adult people with disabilities, disadvantage or seniors.
Students shall get acquainted with activities for, methods of work with and approaches to the target group in particular institution, carry out assigned tasks and also their own activities (i.e. prepared by students themselves). Students also reflect gained experiences and skills.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the practice the student:
• is acquainted with the particular organization, services it provides and methods of work;
• enhanced his/her skilss and acquired new skills;
• is able to describe responsibilities and duties of helping professionals (according to the place and focus of the work stay) and carry out assistive work;
• is able to critically evaluate his/her skills and competence.
- Direct special adult educational activities and consulting with adults with disabilities, disadvantage or elderly people.
- Getting to know the institution, target group, employees, services offered and methods of work;
- Carrying out direct work in the field of special adult education or counselling for adults with disabilities, disadvantage, elderly people;
- Offer, create and carry out own activities;
- Observe methods used by professionals in the institution/organization;
- Reflect on one´s own activity (activities, acquired knowledge, benefits of the practice period).
- recommended literature
- HÁJEK, Karel. Práce s emocemi pro pomáhající profese : tělesně zakotvené prožívání. Vydání třetí. Praha: Portál, 2012. 119 stran. ISBN 9788026202219. info
- PÖRTNER, Marlis. Na osobu zaměřený přístup v práci s lidmi s mentálním postižením a s klienty vyžadujícími trvalou péči. Translated by Petr Babka. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 2009. 175 s. ISBN 9788073675820. info
- POKORNÁ, Andrea. Komunikace se seniory (Communication with elderly). první. Praha: Grada Publishing a.s., 2010. 160 pp. Sestra (4048). ISBN 978-80-247-3271-8. info
- EMERSON, Eric. Problémové chování u lidí s mentální retardací. Translated by Hana Kašparovská. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 2008. 166 s. ISBN 9788073673901. info
- SUCHÁ, Jitka. Trénink paměti pro každý věk. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 2008. 202 s. ISBN 9788073674380. info
- SUCHÁ, Jitka, Iva JINDROVÁ and Běla HÁTLOVÁ. Hry a činnosti pro aktivní seniory. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 2013. 173 s. ISBN 9788026203353. info
- Teaching methods
- learning the chosen institution and the clients, practical activities, (self)reflection
- Assessment methods
- report (diary) of the practice period according to the instructions at the website of the department of special and inclusive education, confirmation of practice, list of all practices passed during the study, face-to-face discussion and (self)reflection with the responsible person (mentor of practice)
The students are oblidged to make undertake their practice period in different facilities and places.
One practice period must take place in a residential environment and another one in non residential environment (ambulatory, field services).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 4 týdny.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information