PdF:HV51 Choir of Masaryk University - Course Information
HV51 The Choir of Masaryk UniversityFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/6/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. MgA. Jan Ocetek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. MgA. Jan Ocetek, Ph.D.
Department of Music - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Music - Faculty of Education
- Assumption: excellent trained voice, size and color of the voice, the ability to intone, reading not.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Music for Education (programme PdF, B-HV3S) (2)
- Course objectives
- ourse Objectives: It is a mixed choir SATB i.e. approx. 50 singers. The aim is to achieve the quality selection choirs, representation of Masaryk University, participation in the prestigious concerts and performances, competitions at home and abroad. The repertoire includes classical choral choir literature, from Renaissance music to contemporary authors, mostly a capella or with accompaniment. Regular rehearsals will take place 2x a week on Tuesday and Wednesdays in the evening hours (from 18:30 to 21:30 on MU, Poříčí 31, the 3nd floor, room 36) and are honored by 6 ECTS.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will gain practical experience of singers in choir, he/she will get acquainted with the classical choral choir literature, from Renaissance music to contemporary authors, mostly a capella or with accompaniment.
- Repertoire choir fully depends on scheduled concerts and performances of this choir. The repertoire includes classical choral choir literature, from Renaissance music to contemporary authors, mostly a capella, or with accompaniment.
- Teaching methods
- Test Forum 2 times a week
- Assessment methods
- participation in trials and concerts
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
- Teacher's information
- Each singer must first pass an entrance talent audition and a interview on choral theme. He arranges each one individually with the conductor and choirmaster Jan Ocetek. Every singer will prepare any song for the audition.