PdF:A2MK_VPx3 Teaching practice 3 - Course Information
A2MK_VPx3 Teaching practice 3Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Světlana Hanušová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Naděžda Vojtková
Department of English Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jana Popelková
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School and Language School Teacher Training in English Language (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- Students arrange their teaching practice individually at an upper-primary (or lower secondary) school. The secretary will provide you with a letter for the school director. It is possible to recognize teaching practice at schools, language schools or courses. Observations: at least 5 lessons. Teaching: 10 - 15 lessons.
- Classroom observation. School climate. Teaching 10 - 15 classes.
- UR, Penny. A course in language teaching : practice and theory. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996. xiii, 375. ISBN 0-521-44994-4. info
- GOWER, Roger, Diane PHILLIPS and Steve WALTERS. Teaching practice handbook. New edition. Oxford: Macmillan Heinemann, 1995. viii, 215. ISBN 0-435-24059-5. info
- SCRIVENER, Jim. Learning teaching : a guidebook for English language teachers. Oxford: Heinemann, 1994. vi, 218 p. ISBN 0-435-24089-718. info
- Teaching methods
- teaching practice
- Assessment methods
- Credit requirements: Students who arrange their TP in Brno: students invite their faculty teacher (Ms Hanušová) to observe a lesson or two. Students who will be teaching outside Brno: video two of your lessons and bring the recordings. Required materials: 10 lesson plans (written before the lessons!), can be typed or handwritten + handwritten comments added after the lessons. Report (500 - 1000 words) - expectations, impressions from the school,experience with Rámcový vzdělávací program and Školní vzdělávací program (ask the teachers at your school), what you learnt at the school. Contracts with mentors (100 Kc per lesson)- 3 copies, mentor evaluation (both forms downloadable from the dept website).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.