PdF:SP4BP_SPS1 Specialisation - Teaching the - Course Information
SP4BP_SPS1 Specialisation - Teaching the Hearing Impaired 1Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Pavla Pitnerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Marie Vítková, CSc.
Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Mgr. Ilona Fialová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- SP4BP_SPS1/01: Thu 8:25–11:55 učebna 50, P. Pitnerová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Special Education (programme PdF, B-SPD)
- Course objectives
- After completion of this course the student will be able to define specifics of care for people with hearing impairment from birth to end of life. The student will deepen knowledge gained in the subject called Basic in the scientific category of hearing impairment and will be able to focus on possibilities of diagnostics of hearing loss; will be able to give details of typical deviations (abnormalities ) in language development of persons with hearing impairment; will be able to rationalize difficulties in their reading comprehension and to know specifics of their writing skills; will focus on possibilities of compensation of hearing loss and specify hearing aids used by handicapped. The student also will learn the fingeralphabets, Lormalphabet and the basics of the Czech sign language on the basic niveau for conversation in the basic fields.
- Terminology in the scientific category of hearing impairment, history of care of people with hearing impairment, psychological peculiarities of people with hearing disabilities, principles and work methods, technical aids, development of vocabulary, development of reading skills, hearing reeducation, lipreading, finger spelling, conditions and acoustic aspects of speech, modulation factors, various ways of commmunication. Fingeralphabets. Lormalphabet. Basics of the Czech sign language.
- required literature
- HORÁKOVÁ, Radka. Sluchové postižení - úvod do surdopedie (Hearing Impairment - An Introduction to Deaf Education). Praha. Praha: Portál, 2012. 159 pp. 376 - Výchova a vzdělávání zvláštních skupin osob. ISBN 978-80-262-0084-0. info
- recommended literature
- VÁGNEROVÁ, Marie. Psychopatologie pro pomáhající profese. Vyd. 5., rozš. a přeprac. Praha: Portál, 2012. 870 s. ISBN 9788026202257. info
- Teaching methods
- teoreticaly preparing, practicly teaching, group work, homeworks, discussion
- Assessment methods
- Written test (it is necessary to successfully cope with 75% correct answers) and oral exam, practical exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Zapisují studenti logopedie a surdopedie. Rozvrh B.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2017/SP4BP_SPS1