PdF:SZ6654 Inclusive Education - Course Information
SZ6654 Inclusive EducationFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/.3. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Mgr. et Mgr. Bc. Ivana Márová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Pavla Pitnerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Věra Vojtová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Mgr. Dana Zámečníková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Karel Pančocha, Ph.D., M.Sc.
Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! NOWANY ( SZ6054 Inclusive Education , SZ6653 School Management )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School and Language School Teacher Training in English Language (eng.) (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course the student will: - Explain and in his/her pedagogical practice reflect principles of inclusive education; - Critically consider his/her own attitude towards inclusive education and his/her skills and competences to create inclusive classroom settings; - Be able to organize, effectively communicate and manage work in multidisciplinary team; - In cooperation with parents, pupil and counselling centre elaborate individual educational plan, respectively plan of pedagogical support; - Be acquainted with basic methods and approaches to work with heterogeneous group (adaptation of learning content and methods, evaluation, organization, etc.) and will be able to use them in teaching effectively; - Be able to modify teaching materials and activities with respect to pupils´ needs; - Be aware of the most common compensatory equipment, special learning tools and supportive or alternative communication systems for pupils with SEND
- 1. Inclusive education 2. Class in inclusive setting – pupil with SEND and other pupils 3. Role of a teacher in multidisciplinary team 4. Organization of inclusive classroom 5. Methods and forms of work in inclusive classroom 6. Methods, approaches and tools for pupils with specific learning difficulties 7. Methods, approaches and tools for pupils with EB/D 8. Methods, approaches and tools for pupils with impaired communication ability 9. Methods, approaches and tools for pupils from socially disadvantaged environment 10. Methods, approaches and tools for pupils with health disabilities, in particular physical impairments and chronic diseases 11. Methods, approaches and tools for pupils with intellectual disabilities and ASD 12. Methods, approaches and tools for pupils with sensory impairments, in particular visual and hearing impairments
- HEWARD, William L. Exceptional children : an introduction to special education. Tenth edition. Harlow: Pearson, 2014. ii, 664. ISBN 9781292022024. info
- HEWARD, William L. Exceptional children : an introduction to special education. 7th ed. Upper Saddle River: Merrill, 2003. xxii, 620. ISBN 0130993441. info
- Teaching methods
- Group discussion, discussion with experts, role plays, Balint groups, asssigned reading, group project, presentation
- Assessment methods
- To be awarded credits the student has to: - Have at least 80% attendance; - Hand in assigned reading and reading tasks approved by teacher; - Active participation during lectures, activities and discussions - Team project and its presentation
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 4 hodiny.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses