PdF:Ze0155 Activating Forms and Methods o - Course Information
Ze0155 Activating Forms and Methods of Teaching GeographyFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Petr Knecht, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Petr Knecht, Ph.D.
Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Kateřina Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- Ze0155/01: each odd Monday 15:00–16:50 učebna 5a, P. Knecht
- The course takes place in parallel with the school practice and reflective seminars. The subject synthesizes and applies the knowledge gained in the study of partial geographic disciplines and subjects of pedagogy and psychology.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Geography (programme PdF, N-TV)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Geography (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to introduce, compare and analyze activating methods and forms of geography teaching, to acquaint students with principles of constructivism and principles of cooperative and problem-based teaching, to provide students wit abilities to teach geography leading to the development of key competencies. Students will get in touch with various forms of modern information resources that can be used in geography lesson planning. Upon completion of the course the student will be able to: - compare, critically evaluate, present the pros and cons of activating methods and forms of teaching - design a geography lesson using activation methods and forms of teaching
- Basic principles of activating methods and forms of teaching
- The pupil and his learning styles, the principle of constructivism, work with error and the importance of feedback
- Principles of cooperative learning and team competition
- General principles and presentation skills, presentation software (communication, structure, graphic requirements, colors, animation)
- Creation of posters and their presentation (principles, dimensions, possibilities of use in teaching)
- GPS and tablets in geography teaching
- Internet in geography teaching (data and map resources)
- KASÍKOVÁ, Hana. Kooperativní učení, kooperativní škola. Vyd. 2., rozš. a aktualiz. Praha: Portál, 2010. 151 s. ISBN 9788073677121. info
- Učime (se) spolupráci spoluprací : náměty - výukové materiály pro kooperaci dětí i dospělých. Edited by Hana Kasíková. 1. vyd. Kladno: AISIS, 2007. 181 s. ISBN 8023967703. info
- 100 ideas for lesson planning. Edited by Anthony Haynes. New York: Continuum, 2007. xi, 115 p. ISBN 9781441133137. info
- LEEDER, Andy. 100 ideas for teaching geography. New York, N.Y.: Continuum, 2006. xi, 128. ISBN 0826485383. info
- Teaching methods
- Individual, pair and group work with professional information sources. Presentation of the outcomes. Group discussion. Independent study of professional literature.
- Assessment methods
- Elaboration or presentation of seminar works, their timely submission and approval by the teacher of the subject.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.