PdF:ZeD_FJB1 French for Doctoral St - B1 - Course Information
ZeD_FJB1 French Language for Doctoral Studies - Level B1Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Mgr. Václava Bakešová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Marcela Poučová, Ph.D.
Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Kateřina Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
- The course is offered to students who already have gained intermediate communicative competencies in French language.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Didactics of Geography (programme PdF, D-SPE4) (2)
- Course objectives
- Objective of the course in terms of learning outcomes and competences: To demonstrate the ability to communicate both in written and spoken form by relevant professional discourse on topics related to the area of subject-specific interest of the student. The aim of the course is to exercise the general language knowledge and to extend it to the professional terminology of the studied subject. Students will be able to develop further academic linguistic receptive and productive skills (interpretation of professional text, understanding of hearing, presentation of dissertation theses, formulation of abstracts of professional texts, etc.). An exam for the subject "Foreign Language 1 for Academic Purposes" must be conducted in a foreign language other than the exam "Foreign Language 2 for Academic Purposes".
- Learning outcomes
- After finishing the course, the doctoral student is able: to prove that he / she is able to read with comprehension of a professional text in French, to follow a professional speech and to talk about questions related to the field and the topic of his / her own doctoral thesis.
- 1. Reading academic literature in the field of interest - 100 pages. 2. Key terminology in the field. 3. Communicative competence on the level of B1. 4. CV, annotation of the studied literature presented in writing.
- recommended literature
- Cizojazyčné odborné texty (časopisecké studie, monografické texty) z oblasti odborného zájmu studenta.
- FAYET, Michelle. Rédiger sans complexes. Paris: Eyrolles, 2011. 228 s. ISBN 9782212548778. info
- ABBADIE, Christian, Bernadette CHOVELON and Marie-Hélene MORSEL. L'expression française : écrite et orale. Grenoble: Presses universitaires de Grenoble, 2003. 84 s. ISBN 2706110554. info
- TIONOVÁ, Alena. Francouzština pro pokročilé. Vyd. 1. Praha: LEDA, 2000. 526 s. ISBN 8085927802. info
- Teaching methods
- Autonomous learning, consultations. Reading.
- Assessment methods
- Examination. Written requirements: The student submits the following materials by email: - annotation of literature (academic text related to the topic of the student's thesis) - information about the topic of the thesis - CV - list of specialized vocabulary from the field of interest Each item should be 1 page long. Oral part: The student presents the thesis, proves the knowledge of terminology and the communicative competence of the level of B1. Examination: the student should demonstrate his/her ability to understand a special text.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (autumn 2020, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2020/ZeD_FJB1