PdF:DEkD19 History 19th Century - Course Information
DEkD19 History of the 19th CenturyFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/3.3. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- doc. PhDr. František Čapka, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Petr Kaleta, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Department of History - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Kamil Štěpánek, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of History - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to explain the complications in the development of the society during the so-called “Long century” in the world and in the Czech lands. Students will be able to characterize the basic changes of the old feudal corporative society into modern civil society and formation of the modern Czech (Czechoslovak) state.
- Learning outcomes
- The student is able to explain and clarify all the complexities and peripetials of the development of the so-called "long century" society in the world and in the Czech lands in a complex view of domestic and foreign policy contexts.
- Great French revolution. Napoleonic wars. Europe after Vienna congress. Revolution in 1848. Europe 1848 – 1870. Unification of Italy and Germany. Secession war in USA. seminars: Revolution and counter-revolution in France. Napoleon`s regime. End of Napoleonic war. Holy alliance. Revolution 1848 in German union. Crimean war. Italian risorgimento. Unification of Germany. Civil war in USA. Lectures: The Czech lands during Napoleonic wars. The years of Francis-Metternichś absolutism. The expansion movement. Industrial revolution in the Czech lands. Political crisis in 1848 and 1849 ("the spring of nations", revolution in the Czech lands). Restoration of the constitutional life and the establishmnet of dualism. Czech questition "from Palacký to Masaryk". Formation of political system. Czech lands on the way to independency.
- Teaching methods
- Besides the theoretical preparation during the lectures, students will deal with special themes dealing with chosen parts of life of the society (i. e. every day life, science and technology, history of education etc.)
- Assessment methods
- oral exam, seminar work, presentation of relevant theme
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 40k.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2021/DEkD19