PdF:VZpVP1 Health promotion in pers. life - Course Information
VZpVP1 Health promotion in personal lifeFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- PhDr. Mgr. Lenka Adámková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Mgr. et Mgr. Dana Dlouhá, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PaedDr. Vladislav Mužík, CSc. (lecturer)
PhDr. Mgr. Leona Mužíková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Mgr. Alice Prokopová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Mgr. et Mgr. Jitka Slaná Reissmannová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Hana Šeráková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Mgr. Leona Mužíková, Ph.D.
Department of Physical Education and Health Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Mgr. Leona Mužíková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Physical Education and Health Education - Faculty of Education
- Mon 10:00–10:50 Virtuální místnost, except Mon 24. 10.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The students will understand the effects of the factors that support health or cause harm to health, and will be able to provide lay first aid. They will be able to use the knowledge in their personal life and future professions.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of the course the students will understand the correlation between health and promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
- 1. Effects on human health (health and its definition, health determinants and their effects (internal that cannot be influenced, external that can be influenced), lifestyle, aspects of lifestyles, examples of risk and protective lifestyle factors in the context of CHNI, health status of the population of the Czech Republic, life expectancy versus healthy life years, basic lifestyle recommendations in the context of subsequent lectures...). 2. Nutrition and health (correlation between nutrition and health – CHNI, alimentary infections, allergy, intolerance, aversion, neophobia, regularity, diversity – using the nutrition pyramid). 3. Current dietary guidelines (proportionality – reading of labels), basic dietary guidelines, truth versus nutritional myths, simple assessment of one’s own diet). 4. Eating disorders (mental anorexia, mental bulimia, orthorexia, methods of recognition, treatment). 5. Physical activity as a life necessity (development of muscles, motor development, shaping of physical capacity, effect of physical activity on personal health, optimum fitness and health). 6. Health promoting physical activity regimen (physical activity regimen in children, youth, adults, seniors, individual physical activity programmes, physical activity in persons with disability). 7. Lay first aid 1 (unconsciousness, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, aspiration of a foreign object, internal and external bleeding, injury of the locomotor system). 8. Lay first aid 2 (non-injury emergencies – heart attack, stroke, diabetes-hypoglycaemia, poisoning, spasms, allergic reactions). 9. Reproductive health, HIV/AIDS (sexually transmitted diseases, contraception, prevention of cervical and testicular cancer, prevention of HIV/AIDS). 10. Prevention of lifestyle diseases (prevention of cardiovascular diseases, metabolic syndrome, prevention of cancer – intestine, breast, lung). 11. Mental health promotion (stress and critical situations in the life of man, coping strategies, posttraumatic disorder, posttraumatic growth, lay crisis intervention, effective methods of mental health promotion). 12. Addictions (addiction, psychological contexts and specifics of various forms of addictive behaviour, consequences of addiction, motivation for a positive change).
- recommended literature
- KŘIVOHLAVÝ, Jaro. Psychologie zdraví. Vydání třetí. Praha: Portál, 2009. 279 stran. ISBN 9788073675684.
- Pohyb a výživa. Šest priorit v pohybovém a výživovém režimu žáků na 1. stupni ZŠ. 1. vyd. Praha: Národní ústav pro vzdělávání, 2014. Dostupné z: https://pav.rvp.cz/filemanager/userfiles/Edukacni_materialy/1_pohyb_a_vyziva_web.pdf
- JANOŠKOVÁ, Hana, Hana ŠERÁKOVÁ a Vladislav MUŽÍK. Zdravotně preventivní pohybové aktivity. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2018. Elportál. ISBN 978-80-210-8891-7.
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparation; lectures with illustrative photos or video sequences, professional video programmes and study materials; self-study.
- Assessment methods
- Colloquium – debate on the course issues.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2022/VZpVP1