FF:AEB_121 Antler and bone industry - Course Information
AEB_121 Antler and bone industry from Paleolithic to Early Middle AgesFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Renáta Přichystalová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Macháček, Ph.D.
Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jitka Šibíčková
Supplier department: Department of Archaeology and Museology - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 12:30–14:05 T227
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 8/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 10 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Students will be acquainted in the course „The Artifacts made from Antler and Bone from Palaeolithic to the early Middle Ages“ with the development , production and using of items, which have been produced from Bone, Antler or Horn (hereinafter referred to as KPI). The first lesson will be devoted to the research about KPIs. Students will learn about the material - about biological and mechanical properties, about structure of bone, antler and horn. How were the artifacts produced, what kind of toolkits and conditions are necessary for the production of this items. Subsequent lessons will be filled of informations about KPI in the concrete archaeological cultures in the chronological order from the Palaeolithic period to the early Middle Ages. The course will end with a written test. Attendance and successful completion of the final test will be a condition for granting credit.
- The Artifacts made from Antler and Bone from Palaeolithic to the early Middle Ages“ with the development, production and using of items, which have been produced from Bone, Antler or Horn (hereinafter referred to as KPI) the research about KPIs, students will learn about the material - about biological and mechanical properties, about structure of bone, antler and horn
- Hásek, I. 1966: Pravěké kostěné a parohové nástroje s ozubenou pracovní hranou, Sborník Národního muzea XX, řada A, 225-267.
- Kaván, J. 1980: Technologie zpracování kostěné a parohové suroviny, Archeologické rozhledy XXXII, 280-304.
- NEUSTUPNÝ, Evžen. Metoda archeologie. Plzeň: Aleš Čeněk, 2007. 206 s. ISBN 9788073800758. info
- SKLENÁŘ, Karel. Archeologický slovník. Praha: Národní muzeum, 2000. 24 s. ISBN 80-7036-112-3. info
- KAVÁN, Jaroslav. Užití kosti a parohu v životě člověka od paleolitu až po středověk. Mikulov: Regionální muzeum, 1981. 17 s., 10. info
- Teaching methods
- Course will be guided by the form of a lecture with the demonstrative videos and artifacts - archaeological items and experimental products.
- Assessment methods
- written test
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2018/AEB_121