FF:AJ32036 Presentation in English II - Course Information
AJ32036 Conference Presentation in English IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Jana Chamonikolasová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Jan Chovanec, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Renata Kamenická, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Naděžda Kudrnáčová, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jana Chamonikolasová, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Knowledge of the principles of academic discourse. Capability of presenting a presenting a linguistic topic in English.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 13 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of the subject is acquiring further practice in presenting a linguitic topic in English.
- Learning outcomes
- Active participation at a conference. Presentation of a scholarly paper in English.
- The student presents a paper at a conference in English. This is a second conference paper delivered during the study.
- The Oxford Handbook of Rhetorical Studies. Oxford University Press; 1 edition (October 18, 2017)
- CANAGARAJAH, A. Suresh. A geopolitics of academic writing. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press, 2002. x, 332. ISBN 0822957949. info
- Teaching methods
- Preparing a second presentation under the guidance of the supervisor.
- Assessment methods
- Awarding credits for submitting a certificate of active conference participation (i.e. delivering a lecture).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
General note: Tento kurz je určen pouze studentům doktorského studia! This course is designated for PhD students ONLY!.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/AJ32036