FF:AJ38000 Doctoral Dissertation Summary - Course Information
AJ38000 Doctoral Dissertation SummaryFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Jana Chamonikolasová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Jan Chovanec, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Renata Kamenická, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Naděžda Kudrnáčová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Pelclová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. PhDr. Ludmila Urbanová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Jitka Vlčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jana Chamonikolasová, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Rsearch within the preparation of the dissertation.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is compiling the summary of the main foundations and results of the research, which is the basis of the doctoral dissertation.
- Learning outcomes
- A summary of the main foundations and results of the research, which is the basis of the doctoral dissertation. The recommended length is 10 - 20 pages.
- Aims of the research Hypothesis Theoretical background Material Analysis Results of the analysis Conclusions
- required literature
- The minimum of 15 theoretical sources in the field of the respective research.
- recommended literature
- Purdue Online Writing Lab - https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- not specified
- APA Style Manual - latest edition (2017-2018)
- GIBALDI, Joseph. MLA handbook for writers of research papers. 6th ed. New York: Modern Language Association of America, 2003. xviii, 361. ISBN 0873529863. info
- Teaching methods
- Submission of the summary.
- Assessment methods
- The doctoral dissertation summary is part of the evaluation of the student during the defence of the docoral thesis. The evaluation of the contents, structure, and formal aspects is based on the standard criteria of the evaluation of academic texts.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
General note: Tento kurz je určen pouze studentům doktorského studia! This course is designated for PhD students ONLY!.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/AJ38000