FF:AJ41010 Examination in English - Course Information
AJ41010 Examination in EnglishFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Nicola Catherine Fořtová, B.A., M.A. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Simona Kalová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jana Chamonikolasová, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- English Language and Literature (programme FF, B-FI)
- Course objectives
- This examination is at CAE / C 1 (European Framework) level.
- The examination is in three parts (approximately 90 minutes altogether): Use of English Reading Comprehension Listening Comprehension It is computer-based, taken in a computer room. There is no oral part.
- FICTUMOVÁ, Jarmila. Angličtina: Konverzace pro pokročilé.Topic-based Vocabulary for Advanced Learners (Topic-based Vocabulary for Advanced Learners). druhé upravené. Brno: Společnost pro odbornou literaturu - Barrister & Principal, 2008. 303 pp. ISBN 978-80-87029-40-4. učebnice info
- GUDE, Kathy and Mary STEPHENS. CAE result!. 1st pub. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2006. 182 s. ISBN 0194577252. info
- POWELL, Debra. Common mistakes at CAE : --and how to avoid them. Illustrated by Julian Mosedale. 3rd printing. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2006. 64 s. ISBN 9780521603775. info
- FRENCH, Amanda. CAE testbuilder : with answer key. Oxford: Macmillan, 2003. 192 s. ISBN 1405014008. info
- O'DELL, Felicity and Annie BROADHEAD. Objective CAE : workbook with answers. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2002. 112 s. ISBN 0521007879. info
- KINGSBURY, Roy, Felicity O'DELL and Guy WELLMAN. Longman practice exams for the Cambridge certificate in advanced English : teacher's guide containing a full desciption of the CAE examination, practice exam administration notes, and paper 4 listening tapescripts, together with detailed answers and sugg. Harlow: Longman Group UK, 1991. 48 s. ISBN 0582018080. info
- Teaching methods
- Self-study Students can prepare in the online course in ELF: AJ11050 PE Online Exam Practice (enrolment key is PE)
- Assessment methods
- Written computer-based test, pass-fail line is 65%
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
General note: This course is NOT designated for Erasmus students! List of courses offerd by the Department of English and American studies for Erasmsus students is available at http://www.phil.muni.cz/wkaa/ under "Information for Erasmus students".
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: This course is NOT designated for Erasmus students! List of courses offerd by the Department of English and American studies for Erasmsus students is available at http://www.phil.muni.cz/wkaa/ under "Information for Erasmus students".
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/AJ41010