FF:AJ51000 Examination in English - Course Information
AJ51000 Examination in EnglishFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Nicola Catherine Fořtová, B.A., M.A. (alternate examiner)
PhDr. Simona Kalová (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jana Chamonikolasová, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- English Language and Literature (programme FF, N-FI)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature (programme FF, N-SS)
- Course objectives
- The exam is at Cambridge Proficiency Examination (C 2) level. The aim is to test students' knowledge of English.
- The exam is at Cambridge Proficiency Examination (C 2) level. The written part is computer-based and consists of three parts: Listening, Use of English and Reading Comprehension. The duration of the written examination is 2 hours maximum. The oral part of the examination is in Cambridge exams format - students are examined in pairs (30 minutes per pair).
- FICTUMOVÁ, Jarmila. Angličtina: Konverzace pro pokročilé.Topic-based Vocabulary for Advanced Learners (Topic-based Vocabulary for Advanced Learners). druhé upravené. Brno: Společnost pro odbornou literaturu - Barrister & Principal, 2008. 303 pp. ISBN 978-80-87029-40-4. učebnice info
- MOORE, Julie. Common mistakes at proficiency : --and how to avoid them. 1st pub. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2005. 64 s. ISBN 9780521606837. info
- SIDE, Richard and Guy WELLMAN. Grammar and vocabulary for Cambridge advanced and proficiency : fully updated for the revised CPE. Harlow: Longman, 2002. 288 s. ISBN 0582518210. info
- JONES, Leo. New progress to proficiency. 1st pub. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2002. 304 s. ISBN 0521007895. info
- GUDE, Kathy. Practice tests for proficiency. London: Bell & Hyman, 1985. 95 s. ISBN 0713523441. info
- ROBINSON, Carole. Themes for proficiency : with key. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1981. 286 p. ISBN 0194327779. info
- Assessment methods
- Self-study + AJ21050 Online PE Exam Practice (enrolment key PE).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
General note: This course is NOT designated for Erasmus students! List of courses offerd by the Department of English and American studies for Erasmsus students is available at http://www.phil.muni.cz/wkaa/ under "Information for Erasmus students".
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: This course is NOT designated for Erasmus students! List of courses offerd by the Department of English and American studies for Erasmsus students is available at http://www.phil.muni.cz/wkaa/ under "Information for Erasmus students".
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/AJ51000