FF:AJ69057 Translation Approaches - Course Information
AJ69057 Translation Approaches to the Humanities and the MediaFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus 3 credits for an exam). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Renata Kamenická, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Jan Nohovec (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jana Chamonikolasová, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- each even Monday 17:30–19:05 G21
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 2/15, only registered: 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 11 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of this translation course is to train and develop the translating skills special to the humanities and the media and to practise them on a wide range of texts. Emphasis is laid upon the stylistic features of the individual types of texts in English and Czech, as well as on the vocabulary sets used to address various approaches.
- Week 1,2: Visual arts Week 3,4: Film and photography Week 5,6: History and ethnography Week 7,8: Architecture Week 9,10:Media, journalism Week 11,12:Tourism, travel guides Week: 13: Popular science
- MINÁŘOVÁ, Eva. Stylistika češtiny (Czech Stylistics). 1. vydání. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2009. 84 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-4973-4. info
- NEWMARK, Peter. Paragraphs on translation. Clevedon: Multilingual matters, 1993. x, 176. ISBN 1853591912. info
- BEČKA, Josef Václav. Česká stylistika. 1. vyd. Praha: Academia, 1992. 467 s. ISBN 8020000208. info
- Teaching methods
- Translation tasks in Elf, consultations every other week.
- Assessment methods
- continuous, final translation
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2018/AJ69057