FF:AJ91001 Research Participation Seminar - Course Information
AJ91001 Research Participation SeminarFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/2. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Simona Kalová (lecturer)
Mgr. Linda Nepivodová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jana Chamonikolasová, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 25. 9. 18:00–19:40 B2.33, Thu 27. 9. 16:00–17:40 B2.33, Tue 2. 10. 18:00–19:40 B2.33, Thu 4. 10. 16:00–17:40 B2.33
- AJ01002 Practical English II && (! AJ11613 Czenglish A ) && (! AJ11615 Czenglish B )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 22 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the 2 testing sessions held within the course is to identify major problem areas in students' target language. After both tests are completed and carefully analysed, the students will be provided with feedback on their performance. The first test will be held at the beginning of the term, and the second during the exam period. For the first sitting of the test held in the first two weeks of the term, students can choose from 4 different options. For the second sitting of the test held in the exam period, 4 or more options will be provided again.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, students will be aware of the major problem areas of their target language (English) and will be able to concentrate on eradicating these in the future.
- Two tests will be taken within the course, which means that students only come twice a term. Each test consists of the following parts: grammatical judgement test, certainty based marking, a short essay (250 words), and completing a short questionnaire.
- Teaching methods
- 2 testing sessions
- Assessment methods
- All students will get 1 credit for research participation if they complete BOTH tests, regardless of the scores they reach in them.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2018/AJ91001