FF:AJ91010 PE for non-English Majors - Course Information
AJ91010 Practical English for non-English MajorsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Nicola Catherine Fořtová, B.A., M.A. (lecturer)
Mgr. Linda Nepivodová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Markéta Pilařová (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jana Chamonikolasová, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Fri 9:10–10:45 G23
It is only necessary that the students attempt the placement test in the Information System: CJVA_t English diagnostic test and attain B1 level in the test. Places will be given on a first come first served basis.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 3/15, only registered: 2/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 2/15
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 268 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- This course will develop students' skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening) and systems (vocabulary, grammar, functions, pronunciation) in English, helping to prepare them for the CJV test. The course is taught by teacher trainees of the MU FF English department.
- Learning outcomes
- By the end of the course the students will have developed their knowledge of the English language systems and skills in this general English language course.
- The content is determined on a needs basis, as determined in the first week of the course.
- New english file
- OXENDEN, Clive, Christina LATHAM-KOENIG and Paul SELIGSON. New English file. 1st ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2005. 79 s. ISBN 0194384365. info
- Teaching methods
- As the teachers are trainees, a wide variety of techniques from the communicative language teaching stable will be utilized.
- Assessment methods
- End of course test
As there are only 5 sessions 100% attendance is required, 1 absence with medical certificate is allowed
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: There will be only 5 sessions: 23. února 2018, 9. března 2018, 23. března 2018, 20. dubna 2018, 4. května 2018.
Information on course enrolment limitations: As there are only 5 sessions 100% attendance is required, 1 absence with medical certificate is allowed!