FF:AJ97003 Summer School - Central Europe - Course Information
AJ97003 Summer School - Central Europe: A Birtplace of ModernityFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 6 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Tomáš Pospíšil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Gábor Oláh, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zuzana Ragulová (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Thomas Donaldson Sparling, B.A. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Škerlová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jana Chamonikolasová, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 28 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/28, only registered: 0/28, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/28
- The program of summer school consist of daily seminars, lectures, cultural program, excursions, and field trips.
- Teaching methods
- The full program consists of forty-eight seminar hours (typically two-double periods in the morning), lectures on selected topics; two film-viewing sessions; two-day trips to Prague and Vienna, a guided tour through Brno, a visit to Brno’s principal sight Villa Tugendhat, half-day trips to the battlefield of Austerlitz, the Lednice and Valtice World Heritage Site, and the Moravian Karst; and visits of concerts and exhibitions depending on what is offered in in the city.
- Assessment methods
- Full attendance of the seminars and field trips; collective research project; essay (undergraduate students - min. 2000 words; graduate students min. 2500 words)
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught: in blocks.