FF:AJP69078 Software Localisation in Prac. - Course Information
AJP69078 Software Localisation in PracticeFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 5 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- Kateřina Gašová (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Naděžda Kudrnáčová, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Kamila Králíková (seminar tutor), Mgr. Renata Kamenická, Ph.D. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Naděžda Kudrnáčová, CSc.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 8:00–9:40 G21
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 11/15, only registered: 0/15
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course, taught by Ms Katerina Gašová, Director of Moravia Linguistic Services Moravia IT, will get the students acquainted with the principles of localization and the workflow of an international localization company.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, students will be able to:
- use selected software and tools used in localization
- translate assigned texts in the specific conditions of localization
- cooperate with other members of a localization team
- •Intro •Localization basics •Non-linguistic activities and tasks & hands-on exercise •Terminology management & hands-on exercise •Linguistic guidelines & hands-on exercise •Translation tools & hands-on exercise •Machine translation and post-editing & hands-on exercise •Linguistic quality management & hands-on exercise •Marketing translation & transcreation & hands-on exercise
- KATAN, David. Translating cultures : an introduction for translators, interpreters and mediators. 2nd ed. North Hampton, MA: St. Jerome Publishing, 2004. 380 s. ISBN 1900650738. info
- WRIGHT, Sue Ellen and Gerhard BUDIN. Handbook of terminology management. Vol. 2. Amsterdam: John Benjamins Publishing Company, 2001. xv, . ISBN 1-55619-509-5. info
- A Practical guide to localization. Edited by Bert Esselink. Philadelphia: John Benjamins Pub. Co., 2000. 488 p. ISBN 9027219559. info
- WRIGHT, Sue Ellen and Gerhard BUDIN. Handbook of terminology management. Vol. 1. Amsterdam: John Benjamins Publishing Company, 1997. xiv, 370 s. ISBN 1-55619-508-7. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminars, hands-on, lectures.
- Assessment methods
- Compulsory attendance, one absence, final test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/AJP69078