FF:AR2A303 The Digital Archival Science - Course Information
AR2A303 The Digital Archival ScienceFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Stanislav Bárta, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Stanislav Bárta, Ph.D.
Department of Auxiliary Historical Sciences and Archive Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Olga Barová
Supplier department: Department of Auxiliary Historical Sciences and Archive Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 1 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/1, only registered: 0/1
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Archival Studies (programme FF, N-AR_) (3)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the seminar is to introduce students to practical knowledge, experience and issues related to digital archival science, which includes the care and handling of digital-born documents, working with programmes and database systems used in archival practice and the area of digitalization of archive materials including making them available in the virtual environment. There is a need for a close link with existing practice in the Czech Republic, which is very variable in view of the dynamic development of the field. Some of the seminars will be carried out as practical exercises with archival registration and information systems directly in selected archives (Brno City Archive).
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- describe the basic legislation in electronic filing and e-government;
- explain the basic terms in electronic filing;
- describe the mechanism of electronic filing;
- characterize the National Digital Archive;
- carry out the basic operations in the programmes used in archival practice;
- characterize the issue of the digitalization and long-term storage of data in Czech archives.
- 1. Defining the term digital archival science, terminology used;
- 2. Legislation, methodologies and standards;
- 3.-4. Electronic records management systems, pre-archival care, shredding management for documents in digital form;
- 5.-6. National Digital Archives, issues surrounding long-term storage of digital archive materials;
- 7.-9. Programmes in archival practice (PEvA – National Archival Heritage registration; archival information systems, archive software; ELZA and programmes for processing archive materials, creating archival aids);
- 10.–12. Digitalization of archive materials, creating study and other copies of archive material in digital form; making digital archive materials available to the research community; presentation of archives using archival information systems and websites.
- Michal Wanner a kolektiv: Základní pravidla pro zpracování archiválií. Praha 2013.
- PEvA, instalační a základní uživatelská příručka programu pro evidence archivu.
- Národní standard pro elektronické systémy spisové služby
- Legislativa, archivní standardy, metodiky a doporučení OASS MV ČR platné k datu konání semináře.
- Teaching methods
- Seminar founded on theoretical and practical experience. Some of the seminars will take place at selected archiving sites (especially the Brno City Archive). Direct work with archival systems.
- Assessment methods
- Credit based on active participation and completion of a selected practical task.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught once in two years.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Individuální konzultace.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2022/AR2A303