FF:BA430L Lithuanian translations - Course Information
BA430L Lithuanian: translating courseFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Halina Beresnevičiúte Nosalova, Ph.D., M.A. (seminar tutor)
Almis Grybauskas (seminar tutor)
doc. Mag. Vaidas Šeferis, Dr. phil. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Tomáš Hoskovec, CSc.
Department of Linguistics and Baltic Languages - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Linguistics and Baltic Languages - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 14:10–15:45 VP
- To attend this course, students must already speak an excellent Lithuanian.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Intensive exercises in the translation from / to Lithuanian, oral and written. At the end of the course students should be able to translate any text (belle lettres, scientific, oral and written) in to Lithuanian and from Lithuanian.
- Translation of the scientific (linguistic) text. Translation from lithuanian newspapers and media. Oral non-simultaneous translation from / to Lithuanian.
- Lietuviu kalbos žodynas. Edited by Vytautas Vitkauskas. Vilnius: Lietuviu kalbos instituto leidykla, 2002. xxii, 1158. ISBN 9986668387. info
- NORKAITIENE, Milda, Rita ŠEPETYTE and Zita ŠIMENAITE. Mokomasis lietuviu kalbos žodynas. Vilnius: Baltos lankos, 2000. 549 s. ISBN 9955-00-062-7. info
- GRUMADIENE, Laima and Vida ŽILINSKIENE. Frequency dictionary of modern written Lithuanian. Vilnius: Lietuviu kalbos institutas, 1998. xxxvi, 474. ISBN 9986-479-39-8. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, homeworks, reading, drills.
- Assessment methods
- A written test consisting of 5 exercises, followed by oral examination aimed at testing the essential language skills.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Faculty of Arts as Centre of Excellence in Education: Complex Innovation of Study Programmes and Fields at FF MU with Regard to the Requirements of the Knowledge Economy“ – Reg. No. CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0228, which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.