FF:BAX201 Finnish for Beginners I - Course Information
BAX201 Finnish for Beginners IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Bc. Jana Břehovská (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petra Hebedová, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Petra Hebedová, Ph.D.
Department of Linguistics and Baltic Languages - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Linguistics and Baltic Languages - Faculty of Arts
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- BAX201/01: Mon 8:00–9:40 K12, J. Břehovská
BAX201/02: Thu 8:00–9:40 G24, J. Břehovská
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 100 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 58/100, only registered: 0/100, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/100
- Course objectives
- The course is a language class of Finnish, no prior knowledge is required. In the course students learn to use Finnish in basic situations. A basic insight into Finnish grammar is presented. After completing the course students may continue in a follow-up course.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course students should be able to pronounce Finnish correctly, form words and sentences at the required level; they should be able to understand and use some of the Finnish cases and use verbs in present tense, answer basec quistions in Finnish and know vocabulary at the respective level.
- question and negation
- local cases
- vowel harmony
- expressions of time
- stem alternation in Finnish
- Lindroos, Hilkka 2002: Finština nejen pro samouky. Praha: Leda.
- Silfverberg, Leena 2001: Harjoituksia suomen kielen perusopetusta varten. Helsinki: Finn Lectura.
- Teaching methods
- lectures, homework
- Assessment methods
- final written test
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Předmět není určen studentům oboru Baltistika
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/BAX201