FF:BA_Mg5 Baltic space: new history - Course Information
BA_Mg5 Newer history of the Baltic spaceFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Luboš Švec, CSc. (lecturer), doc. Mag. Vaidas Šeferis, Dr. phil. (deputy)
Halina Beresnevičiúte Nosalova, Ph.D., M.A. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Halina Beresnevičiúte Nosalova, Ph.D., M.A.
Department of Linguistics and Baltic Languages - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: doc. Mag. Vaidas Šeferis, Dr. phil.
Supplier department: Department of Linguistics and Baltic Languages - Faculty of Arts
- each odd Friday 12:00–15:40 L34
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 11 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course focuses on the main issues of the history of the Baltic region in the 20th century from the 1st World war.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to understand and explain main issues of the history of the Baltic region in the XXth century from the 1st World war, which made it possible for new European states to emerge (from Poland to Finland) to the end of the Soviet empire.
- 1) First World War 2) Nationalism and multiethnicity in the Baltic region: Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia 3) Finish democracy 4) European political context 5) Economical orientation 6) Between Nazi Germany and Bolshevik Russia: Ribbentrop-Molotov 7) Nazi occupation of the Baltic states 8) Finland during the Second World War 9) Soviet Baltia 10)Finladization 11)Perestroika and its consequences
- další literatura viz informace učitele
- JUTIKKALA, Eino and Kauko PIRINEN. Dějiny Finska. Translated by Lenka Fárová. Praha: Lidové noviny, 2001. 408 s. ISBN 80-7106-406-8. info
- ŠVEC, Luboš, Vladimír MACURA and Pavel ŠTOL. Dějiny pobaltských zemí. Praha: Lidové noviny, 1996. 423 s. ISBN 80-7106-154-9. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion.
- Assessment methods
- Written examination consisting of 15 exercises aimed at testing the essential language skills.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/BA_Mg5