FF:CJBB196 Linguistic Webinar - Course Information
CJBB196 Linguistic WebinarFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Pavel Caha, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Pavel Caha, Ph.D.
Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Pavel Caha, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
- each even Friday 12:00–13:40 Virtuální místnost
- FAKULTA ( FF ) && FORMA ( P )
The knowledge of syntax terminology at the level of standard introduction courses (e.g., Haegeman's Thinking Syntactically).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 13/40, only registered: 3/40, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/40
- Course objectives
- The goal is to learn what current research in linguistics looks like.
- Learning outcomes
- - to broaden the knowledge of selected topics within syntax
- the gain an in-depth understanding of some key concepts in syntax
- The content of this course is the attendance at live streamed lectures on linguistics with special focus on syntax. It is a joint project between the universities of Oxford, Padua, Geneva, Beijing and others. The lecturers tend to be internationally renowned experts.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- I require attendance at the lectures. The lectures are irregular and tend to take place twice a month. There is no test at the end, attendance is the key requirement.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
- Teacher's information
- The lectures are live streamed from various universities. At the end of each lecture, students can ask questions via the online platform. The purpose of the lecture serries is for students to see what some of the current linguistic research looks like.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2022/CJBB196