FF:CJBC558 Modern and postmodern novel - Course Information
CJBC558 Modern and postmodern novelFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Mgr. Petr Bubeníček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Zbyněk Fišer, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Michal Fránek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Miroslav Kotásek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jan Tlustý, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Aleš Urválek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Zbyněk Fišer, Ph.D.
Department of Czech Literature and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Eva Zachová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Literature and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 10:50–12:25 U25
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 55 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 6/55, only registered: 0/55, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/55
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 24 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to introduce the key points in the history of world novel from the end of the 19th century to present. In the first session students will be introduced to basic aspects of thinking about novel and transformations of its form (the destruction of traditional epics) in the 20th century with regard to issues of concepts modernism and postmodernism. In following sessions the type of selected novel, its structure (narrative strategies, poetics of characters, time etc.) and broader issues (authority and ethics of novel) will be analysed. Lecturer will introduce literary-historical text in every session, which will clarify a place of the particular work of the author.
- 5. 10. Mgr. Miroslav Kotásek, Ph.D. - Don DeLillo: Bílý šum
- 12. 10. Mgr. Jan Tlustý, Ph.D. - J. M. Coetzee: Deník špatného roku
- 19. 10. prof. PhDr. Lubomír Machala, CSc.– Rudolf Sloboda: Rozum
- 26. 10. doc. PhDr. Martin Pilař, CSc. – Roman Ludva: Smrt a křeslo
- 2. 11. Mgr. Aleš Urválek, Ph.D. - Max Frisch: Člověk se objevuje v holocénu
- 9. 11. Mgr. Nina Bosnićová, PhD. – Richard Wright: Černý chlapec: zápis dětství a mládí
- 16. 11. –
- 23. 11. Mgr. Michal Fránek, Ph.D. – Egon Hostovský
- 30. 11 prof. PhDr. Jiří Trávníček, MA - Vasil Bykav: Lom
- 7. 12. Ing. Pavel Janáček, Ph.D.
- Assessment methods
- Oral examination in the form of a discussion over the work of selected authors.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Pro posluchače oboru LMK je předmět povinný - kredity A. Pro posluchače bohemistiky je povinně volitelný (kredity B), pro ostatní posluchače volitelný (kredity C).
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 0.