FF:CJBC81 Czech Stereotypes in 19th C. - Course Information
CJBC81 Czech Myths and Stereotypes in the 19th century LiteratureFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Zuzana Urválková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Zuzana Urválková, Ph.D.
Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Helena Bednářová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The seminar will concentrate on the image of mythic and historic persons, historic epochs and nations as they appeared in Czech literature from its beginnings. The main stress will be laid on the development of their semantics in National Enlightment and in the years after.
- Stereotypes and myths such as Čech, Slovan, German. Libuše, Blaník Knights, Hus and Žižka, Bílá hora, the "dark years" will be dealt with. Their usage will be studied not only in artistic texts but also in contemporary criticism.
- Macura, Vladimír , Český sen, Praha 1998
- RAK, Jiří. Bývali Čechové-- :české historické mýty a stereotypy. 1. vyd. Jinočany: H & H, 1994. 148 s. ISBN 80-85787-73-3. info
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Požadavky k zápočtu: Četba textů do semináře, sedmdesátiprocentní účast, referát na dané téma.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught: every week.