FF:CJXJ06 M.A. thesis in linguistics - Course Information
CJXJ06 M.A. thesis in linguisticsFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Michaela Boháčová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Pavel Caha, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Linda Doleží, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Zdeňka Hladká, Dr. (lecturer)
Mgr. Dana Hlaváčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Petr Karlík, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Pavel Kosek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Michal Křístek, M.Phil., Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Olga Navrátilová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Klára Osolsobě, Dr. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Jana Pleskalová, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lucie Rychnovská, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Jarmila Vojtová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Markéta Ziková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Pavel Kosek, Ph.D.
Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jaroslava Vybíralová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Instructions relating to formal aspects of an M.A. thesis, its minimum extent and the procedure of submitting follow current instructions of Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University. An M.A. thesis is focused on a partial aspect from the sphere of linguistics, corresponding with issues dealt with within the M.A. programme Czech Language and Literature. An M.A. thesis is based on empirical research the basis of which is student’s innovative approach to the topic. The concept of an M.A. thesis may be of theoretical, practical or applied character. Students are expected to prove their capability to judge scholarly texts critically, to choose the concept/theoretical framework of the thesis on the basis of the sources, to collect/evaluate the data and to formulate conclusions. An M.A. thesis must follow the minimum standards/requirements of the particular discipline relating to how sources are quoted and how formal aspects of the thesis are processed.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- create a hypothesis, curriculum, and timetable for a qualification work;
- find and process relevant literature according to the thematic focus of their work;
- collect relevant research material by adequate methods;
- describe, analyze, interpret and evaluate the collected material;
- write qualification work on the required scale and standard content quality, linguistic and formal as required by a qualification work.
- The thesis solves a partial problem corresponding with the particular type of study programme. The authors must demonstrate their ability to create an independent scholarly work (work with sources, analysis of the material and independently formulated conclusions). The thesis is evaluated by the tutor and reviewer. Students of specialized study programmes choose topics of their theses in accordance with their specialization.
- Literatura pro magisterskou práci je předepsána individuálně podle tématu práce.
- Teaching methods
- Individual supervision.
- Assessment methods
- Supervisor's and reviewer's reports, which recommend/do not recommend the defence of the submitted thesis.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/CJXJ06