FF:CJXL05 A Thesis Seminar II - Course Information
CJXL05 A Thesis Seminar, Pt. IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Miroslav Balaštík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Hana Bočková, Dr. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Petr Bubeníček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Tereza Dědinová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Zbyněk Fišer, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Zuzana Fonioková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Michal Fránek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Miroslav Kotásek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Luisa Nováková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Michaela Soleiman pour Hashemi, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jan Tlustý, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Zuzana Urválková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Zbyněk Fišer, Ph.D.
Department of Czech Literature and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Eva Zachová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Literature and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Czech Language and Literature (programme FF, N-CJ_) (2)
- Course objectives
- The course consists of regular individual tutorials focused on the topic of the thesis.
- Learning outcomes
- After the completion of the course, the student shall be able:
- to set a hypothesis, an outline, a time frame, as well as to write up an annotation to the literary thesis;
- to research and work with relevant secondary literature according to the thematic focus of their thesis;
- to propose adequate methods of collecting research material, and apply these methods by themselves;
- individually describe, analyze, interpret and evaluate collected material;
- to write a qualification thesis within the length, contents, language, and formal standards as required for a Master of Arts literary thesis.
- 0. Setting up working methods, hypothesis, and project outline.
- 1. Getting acquainted with adequate secondary literature.
- 2. Collecting research materials, their classification and description.
- 3. Analysis, interpretation, and assessment of the collected material.
- 4. Writing up individual chapters. Resumé.
- The course outline shall be specified in according to the arrangements made between the thesis supervisor and the student.
- recommended literature
- MEŠKO, Dušan, Dušan KATUŠČÁK and Ján FINDRA. Akademická příručka. České, upr. vyd. Martin: Osveta, 2006. 481 s. ISBN 8080632197. info
- FILKA, Jaroslav. Metodika tvorby diplomové práce :praktická pomůcka pro studenty vysokých škol. 1. vyd. Brno: Vydavatelství Knihař, 2002. 223 s. ISBN 80-86292-05-3. info
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- Teaching methods
- Homework, consultation. This timetable for the consultations is arranged on an individual basis.
- Assessment methods
- Credit requirements: submitting of the Master of Arts thesis.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/CJXL05