FF:DISB014 Czech Romantic Theatre - Course Information
DISB014 Czech Romantic TheatreFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/5. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. PhDr. Margita Havlíčková (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Margita Havlíčková
Department of Theatre Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: prof. PhDr. Margita Havlíčková
Supplier department: Department of Theatre Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Fri 10:00–11:40 G01
- Reading knowledge of given drama texts (Štěpánek, Klicpera, Tyl, Mácha, Mikovec, Kolár, Raimund, Nestroy).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course will introduce history of Czech romantic theatre.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course student will be able to:
- to name specifics of Czech romantic theatre;
- explain between Czech and Austrian romantic theatre;
- describe differences between individual streams and schools;
- analyses particular genres of Czech romantic drama;
- compare Czech and European features of romantic drama.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Historical context
- 3. Development of Czech theatre in National Reneisance
- 4. Genres of Czech romantic drama in context of Austrian drama of the time
- 5. Early period of J. K. Tyl, Kajetánské divadlo
- 6. Dramatic works of J. K. Tyl
- 7. Theatre manifest of J. K. Tyl
- 8. Dramatic fragments by K. H. Mácha
- 9. Oppositions against J. K. Tyl (J.J. Kolár, F. B. Mikovec)
- 10. J. J. Kolár
- 11. Romantismus in the era of Prozatímní divadlo/ Provisional theatre
- 12. Acting and stage in romantic period
- 13. Conclusions
- required literature
- Dějiny českého divadla. III. (Variant.) : Přehledné dějiny českého divadla. Část III., Doba konstituční : 1846-1852. info
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparation – lecture (2 hours per week), discussion. Individual preparation – reading of texts. Individual consultation – when necessary.
- Assessment methods
- Written test (minimum 50% right answer to pass); Apart topics presented in lectures, test will include also knowledge of Czech romantic drama.
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/DISB014