FF:DISE010 SS 2019 Uni and social change - Course Information
DISE010 Summer School Jaroměř-Josefov 2019: Universities and social changeFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Linda Kovářová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
dr. Joanna Kubicka (lecturer)
Mgr. Lukáš Kubina (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MgA. David Drozd, Ph.D.
Department of Theatre Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Lukáš Kubina
Supplier department: Department of Theatre Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 20 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives (in Czech)
- Workshop will focus on the role of the university in social context and possible fields of its social engagements. We will look at the idea of the university and its resources - those that are often reserved for the academic community, and which could be used to empower local communities, city dwellers, selected social groups. The aim of the workshop will be to reflect on how university can be involved in public participation using tools and methods of cultural animation and how experts can be facilitators of social changes, and not just system collaborators. We will practice civic participation by reflect on theory, but primarily by creating the laboratory of forms and methods for sharing knowledge and strenghtening communities - using the example of Josefov. We are going to learn the process of involving communities and about the ways and techniques how this could be initiatied in a practical setting. The title of the workshop is taken from the book published in 2004 (ed. Glenn Buglass, Mark Webster) about role of art and creativity in social change. We would like to extend this reflection to the field of universities’ social engagement by developing own projects concerning public space of Josefov and drafting public participation model for local community of Josefov.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught only once.
The course is taught: in blocks.
General note: The course is taking place from 25. 8. to 31.8. 2019 in Jaroměř - Josefov.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: letní škola.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/DISE010